I need a new monitor

living_trsh_can

Okay, so I need a new monitor for my laptop. I have a GTX 1060 Max-Q and a Intel core I7-8750H. I've been looking at the Dell Gaming S2716DGR 27" Gaming monitor (1440p, 144hz). is my gpu/CPU powerful enough to run this? if not please let me know. also, it would be greatly appreciated if you could give me some recommendations, thanks! (my price range is $400 max)

26 minutes ago, living_trsh_can said:

Okay, so I need a new monitor for my laptop. I have a GTX 1060 Max-Q and a Intel core I7-8750H. I've been looking at the Dell Gaming S2716DGR 27" Gaming monitor (1440p, 144hz). is my gpu/CPU powerful enough to run this? if not please let me know. also, it would be greatly appreciated if you could give me some recommendations, thanks! (my price range is $400 max)

hey what kind of games your playing and in what genres is your interest. and whats the model name or number of your laptop

ask me about your system builds, AIO's, CPU's, PSU's, and GPU's.

1 hour ago, ricksteendam1 said:

hey what kind of games your playing and in what genres is your interest. and whats the model name or number of your laptop

I'm getting the Dell G7 15 with 12GB of ram, 256 GB SSD with 2 TB of HDD. One of the main games I'm thinking of getting is R6. and mainly newer game titles. a 1080p 144hz monitor with Gysnc is what I'm looking into. if you could give me any tips or any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated!

you will need an monitor with g-sync games like r6 you probably wont play at 144 Hz but more in a 100-120fps range

okay, thank you! one more question tho, because I wont be at 144 frames or higher will a 144hz monitor still be a good purchase? will it be better than a regular 60hz?

yes it will be as long as it has g-sync 

1 minute ago, ricksteendam1 said:

yes it will be as long as it has g-sync 

okay, thank you