how to get a new pc up and running

Ashhez

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nck9tg i am building my first PC i am just curious on what i will have to do to get windows up and running 

i know i have to use a USB and boot of the USB to start downloading windows and once i get that done i have to install the drivers and software for my stuff but its this actually difficult or is it just kinda annoying and should i have any problems and how long do you think it will take  me till im ready to go after the first boot

im probably just going to buy a windows 10 64bit key somewhere online 

Really once you get windows and all installed its pretty easy to update drivers and start playing, you don't even need to activate windows, till you feel like it.

Just now, RAM555789 said:

Really once you get windows and all installed its pretty easy to update drivers and start playing, you don't even need to activate windows, till you feel like it.

i figured i would just buy a key so i dont have to worry about it later 

Protip: don't get an OEM version uness it's real cheap. It stifles upgrades, you can Google the restrictions.

The drivers you need are gonna be on the motherboard manufacturer's website, in this case MSI. You gotta get USB drivers, audio drivers, etc.

You'll also need drivers for your graphics card. Search GeForce Experience to get what you're looking for, download it, and then it'll automatically install the drivers after you sign in. I personally prefer using Google since it's very convenient.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Win10 install from USB2 to SSD takes about 1h. It should install drivers for you. But if you want install those manually, or install any peripheral utilities, have those on another USB ready. Same with all software you want to install. You can install several software at the same time to save time. I've had 4 driver installers going on at the same time. They will inform if there are conflicts and installs can't finish.

So if you have all software ready and start installing once you get to desktop, you should be done under 3h. Configuring OS settings, and software will take time. If you have Windows PC with software you plan to use (browser, email client etc.), make sure those have settings as backup or sync enabled.

The process can be intimidating first time. But its like installing software. Only thing is that you really need to keep eyes open on few key moments. First is when selecting to which drive you are installing (if there are multiple) and second is when you create admin account. After and between those its easy.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv