NZXT g12 Bracket with DeepCool AIO

I have a Zotac Amp Edition 1080ti that I want to use the g12 bracket with. I know it's compatible with the card, but the DeepCool Captain 240ex (which I already own) isn't listed as a compatible AIO. Any reason it wouldn't work anyway? Does anyone have experience with this bracket?

2 hours ago, MizunaGames said:

I have a Zotac Amp Edition 1080ti that I want to use the g12 bracket with. I know it's compatible with the card, but the DeepCool Captain 240ex (which I already own) isn't listed as a compatible AIO. Any reason it wouldn't work anyway? Does anyone have experience with this bracket?

The Deepcool unit isn't an Asetek based cooler so it won't be able to mount with the G12 bracket. 

Not sure if i should be asking this here , so my apologies if this feels like highjacking your thread ,

but,

im just about to fit the kraken g12 to a Asus turbo 1080ti ,( in the next few days )  and was wondering do you need (or should i ) fit some heat-sinks to the memory chips ? 

having looked around  on the net , there doesn't seem to be an answer   as just by looking at the PCB  ( with the AIO -corsair h55 fitted ) it doesn't look like it is cooling the chips 

is the 92mm fan enough to cool the mem chips even tho it's not directly  above them .

if i do/ or should fit some heat-sinks  , i am guessing their would have to be 1-2mm thick , and what would be the best compound to use ? 

Is there some sort of adapter bracket that would work? I know I used an AM4 bracket to mount the AiO for my Ryzen system.

2 hours ago, MizunaGames said:

Is there some sort of adapter bracket that would work? I know I used an AM4 bracket to mount the AiO for my Ryzen system.

You need to get a new cooler there is no mount for the Deepcool unit and I would recommend to change them out as the track record for their long term reliability isn't the best. 

11 hours ago, sykotikman said:

-SNIP-

It's not a bad idea to add heatsinks I personally recommend them even though they are not an absolutely mandatory option. 

2 hours ago, W-L said:

It's not a bad idea to add heatsinks I personally recommend them even though they are not an absolutely mandatory option. 

Cheers W-L 

can you recommend a decent compound for the heat sinks   , ( i can't see thermal paste lasting long , it will just slide off after a while i'm guessing )  

4 minutes ago, sykotikman said:

Cheers W-L 

can you recommend a decent compound for the heat sinks   , ( i can't see thermal paste lasting long , it will just slide off after a while i'm guessing )  

You can't use thermal paste it needs to be thermal tape or epoxy. I recommend to usually use tape since it's somewhat easy to remove compared to epoxy. 

https://www.amazon.com/Thermal-Interface-Products-Heat-Sink/dp/B00QSHPH8E/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1532905174&sr=1-4&keywords=thermal+tape&dpID=41HriydmQUL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

8 hours ago, W-L said:

You need to get a new cooler there is no mount for the Deepcool unit and I would recommend to change them out as the track record for their long term reliability isn't the best. 

I was afraid of that. Oh well, guess I'll have to shuffle some things around. Any recommendation for a white AiO by chance? Don't want to mess with my theme :)

49 minutes ago, MizunaGames said:

I was afraid of that. Oh well, guess I'll have to shuffle some things around. Any recommendation for a white AiO by chance? Don't want to mess with my theme :)

For a GPU you can use a single rad AIO such as a 140mm unit without trouble. Something like the NZXT X41 would work well with their bracket.