ASUS Maximus Hero VII (Seven) // Intel i7 4790K Windows 10 Upgrade Questions

Upgrade to Windows 10 or Stay with Windows 8.1?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Upgrade to Windows 10 or Stay with Windows 8.1?

• Stay with Windows 8.1
    • Upgrade with Windows 10

Hi, I have ASUS Maximus Hero Seven. I am currently running Windows 8.1 with BIOS: 2702 and My System is Super Stable.

I have some questions to ask:

1. Do you think my System is still good to move to Windows 10 (Activated/Original)?

2. Do you think I should update my BIOS before I install Windows 10? And, If yes then Which Version BIOS?

3. Do you think I can find some stability issues with Windows 10 and New BIOS (If you recommend for the above question)?

4. What sort of BIOS Settings I should make or change before I do all these steps?

System Specs:

Processor: Intel i7-4790K
Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero Seven (https://www.asus.com/in/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_HERO/)
RAM: 16 GB
SSD: 250 GB
GPU: GTX 970 4 GB.
HDD: 1 TB

Thanks.

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.

I think the assisted technologies upgrade is still available for free. I would (and did) upgrade.

Your hardware is still very new and relevant, no worries about compatibility.

In general you only bother updating BIOS if it's giving you problems or there are significant updates in the next version. No need to change any settings 

That's an F in the profile pic

4 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

I think the assisted technologies upgrade is still available for free. I would (and did) upgrade.

Your hardware is still very new and relevant, no worries about compatibility.

In general you only bother updating BIOS if it's giving you problems or there are significant updates in the next version. No need to change any settings 

Well, I am on Windows 8.1 right now and I don't know. How my current Bios will work with Windows 10.

If that causes issues? Are you recommending me to upgrade BIOS then only?

What if even after upgrading, I get the issues?

You can check the BIOS Updates here:  (Direct Product BIOS: https://www.asus.com/in/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_HERO/HelpDesk_Download/)

bwp4bug.png

Thanks.

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.

1 minute ago, MrFriendism said:

Well, I am on Windows 8.1 right now and I don't know. How my current Bios will work with Windows 10.

If that causes issues? Are you recommending me to upgrade BIOS then only?

What if even after upgrading, I get the issues?

Thanks.

My man I said there's no need to update if you don't have problems - which you don't. 

I also said I would upgrade to W10 in your case... Not the BIOS

1 minute ago, Froody129 said:

My man I said there's no need to update if you don't have problems - which you don't. 

I also said I would upgrade to W10 in your case... Not the BIOS

There is one confusion, Your first line: is about the BIOS or the Windows itself?

Since there is no specific mention of anything.

there's no need to update if you don't have problems - which you don't. 

7 minutes ago, MrFriendism said:

There is one confusion, Your first line: is about the BIOS or the Windows itself?

Since there is no specific mention of anything.

The BIOS. Windows updates are important for security and other reasons.

The BIOS updates will sometimes also include important security measures, in that case it is necessary, but they do rarely happens.

The reason I say it's unnecessary to update the BIOS unless there is significant reason is because there is a risk you take when flashing, if the process is interrupted you may render your motherboard unusable. This is very rare but it is a risk