Asus H110M Plus

Go to solution Solved by NelizMastr,
21 minutes ago, TheSmiler said:

Motherboard: Asus H110M Plus

CPU: Intel Celeron G4920 LGA1151

There's the problem. The G4920 is a Coffee Lake CPU, 8th gen. That motherboard only supports 6th and 7th gen Intel processors. You need a 300-series motherboard (B360, H310, H370 or Z370) or switch CPUs to like a G4560 Pentium.

Hello,

I've just finsihed setting up a computer with an Asus H110M Plus motherboard. However, when I press the power button, the orange lights on the motherboard light up, the fans start spinning and everything appears to be functioning normally, but there is no video display at all. I even plugged in my mouse and keyboard that have RGB on them and they did not light up when I turned the computer back on. I've contacted Asus Support but I am awaiting a reply.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, apologies if this is in the wrong area, this is the first time I've ever used this forum.

RAM: Viper Patriot 8GB (2x4GB DDR4 3500MHz)

Power Supply: Fractal Design 750W Integra M

How long did you wait after turning it on? Some motherboards just have really long POST times

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

16 minutes ago, TheSmiler said:

Hello,

I've just finsihed setting up a computer with an Asus H110M Plus motherboard. However, when I press the power button, the orange lights on the motherboard light up, the fans start spinning and everything appears to be functioning normally, but there is no video display at all. I even plugged in my mouse and keyboard that have RGB on them and they did not light up when I turned the computer back on. I've contacted Asus Support but I am awaiting a reply.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, apologies if this is in the wrong area, this is the first time I've ever used this forum.

RAM: Viper Patriot 8GB (2x4GB DDR4 3500MHz)

Power Supply: Fractal Design 750W Integra M

Is your monitor on? Try a different cable. Any beep codes or post codes its stuck on?

1 minute ago, Fixinit1 said:

How long did you wait after turning it on? Some motherboards just have really long POST times

I've left it on for 15-20 minutes or so...

1 minute ago, H20Burner said:

Is your monitor on? Try a different cable. Any beep codes or post codes its stuck on?

I've tried 2 different monitors, with 2 different cables.

Have you attempted to reseat all your hardware?

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

Just now, Fixinit1 said:

Have you attempted to reseat all your hardware?

Yes, I have completely rebuilt everything, ensuring that I haven't damaged anything and everything is connected securely.

21 minutes ago, TheSmiler said:

There's the problem. The G4920 is a Coffee Lake CPU, 8th gen. That motherboard only supports 6th and 7th gen Intel processors. You need a 300-series motherboard (B360, H310, H370 or Z370) or switch CPUs to like a G4560 Pentium.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

Thank you so much! That would explain a lot.

Just now, TheSmiler said:

Thank you so much! That would explain a lot.

It's all there is to it :). While 6th through 8th gen use the same socket, the 8th gen chips only work in the newer 300 boards. Intel marketing lol.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Just now, NelizMastr said:

It's all there is to it :). While 6th through 8th gen use the same socket, the 8th gen chips only work in the newer 300 boards. Intel marketing lol.

I was bound to make a mistake, this is my first time making a basic use computer. But seriously, thank you.

Just now, TheSmiler said:

I was bound to make a mistake, this is my first time making a basic use computer. But seriously, thank you.

No problem. I'd personally just take the CPU back and get a Pentium G4500 series chip. Those are little screamers for the money.