New headphones

3vil_wabbit

My old headphones (logitech g930) died on me the other night so I'm looking for a new one. Idc about wireless or rgb or anything like that.

My main concern is decent sound quality (I'm not an audiophile, just need something ok) budget is between $100-150. Also don't necessarily need a mic, I mainly play RPGs

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

ETA: any opinions on the audio technica m40x/m50x? Had my eye on them for a while. 

Sennheiser hd 201 or hd 202. Excellent sound, very cheap.

But looks plain and no mic.

18 minutes ago, Tibon said:

Sennheiser hd 201 or hd 202. Excellent sound, very cheap.

But looks plain and no mic.

OK I'll look into them. Sound right up my alley. Any other suggestions? 

Another cheap headphone with almost the same sound profile and quality as m50x is takstar hd2000.

I've tried both of them, sound is the same but built quality and comfort of the m50x is way better. And the takstar is too glossy to my liking.

But still for gaming and movies i dont like them, more suited to music listening those two. Sound is flat as it should be since those are supposed to be a studio monitor headphones.

2 hours ago, Tibon said:

Do you  (or anyone else) have any experience with the steel series Arctis 5 or 7? They look pretty nice and have decent reviews 

3 hours ago, 3vil_wabbit said:

Do you  (or anyone else) have any experience with the steel series Arctis 5 or 7? They look pretty nice and have decent reviews 

For me personally "gaming" headphones is too pricey for the sound they produce so never been to keen to have one.

For instance, that Sennheiser could beat any gaming headphones under 200$ in sound quality.

But that's just me hahaha

1 hour ago, Tibon said:

Right on. I just live in a small town and don't really have any place to try such stuff out. Just trying to narrow down my options before I buy