Mobo for 8086k

There seems to be a crap ton of Z370 boards and not a ton of really good reviews on which one to pick. With a ton of people getting the 8086k from the sweepstakes or just buying an 8700k what would you all pick as the "best" mobo out there right now? 

I know the MSI godlike theoretically the best but its also like $600. the MSI Pro carbon looks good as well as the ASUS strix E and F. I dont have a ton of experience with ASrock or Gigabyte so what do you all think about them?

Best for extreme overclocking? The Z370 SOC should definitely be up there. The Maximus X Apex should also be good. 

For normal use, the Prime-A, Extreme4, K6 Strix-F/E, Gaming 7 or Maximus Hero are about as high end as you can get without it being a total waste. 

:)

The highest tier Gigabyte boards generally give you a dual BIOS which can be a lifesaver. Asus gives you BIOS Flashback which could save your butt, though I've yet to see much to confirm it being reliable.

The Hero boards from ASUS are very highly recommended.

Think APEX set records during their launch week... at least according to Buildzoid. Watched the vid where he got one with his moniker on it.

Rawr.

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

Best for extreme overclocking? The Z370 SOC should definitely be up there. The Maximus X Apex should also be good. 

For normal use, the Prime-A, Extreme4, K6 Strix-F/E, Gaming 7 or Maximus Hero are about as high end as you can get without it being a total waste. 

I guess I should have stated this earlier but i dont plan on doing anything too crazy overclocking wise. Why is the Hero like $100 more expensive compared to the other two? just purely overclocking potential? like better components or something

Also which one is the z370 SOC?

6 minutes ago, Minemine12 said:

I guess I should have stated this earlier but i dont plan on doing anything too crazy overclocking wise. Why is the Hero like $100 more expensive compared to the other two? just purely overclocking potential? like better components or something

Also which one is the z370 SOC?

I think it has more fancy OC features, a better VRM, and possibly more RGB and better audio. Haven't checked it for features. 

The Z370 SOC is a board you can't actually get as a consumer. You apparently have to know guys at Gigabyte and be an extreme overclocker.

:)

Best as the sources I have been able to find this has the most ridiculously strong VRM: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/8vzZxr/asrock-fatal1ty-z370-professional-gaming-i7-atx-lga1151-motherboard-fatal1ty-z370-professional-gaming-i7

For some reason on PCPP at least one of the lower end boards from Gigabyte are for some reason currently more expensive than this one: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CkCrxr/gigabyte-z370-aorus-gaming-7-rev-10-atx-lga1151-motherboard-z370-aorus-gaming-7-rev-10

If you aren't going crazy this ASUS one ought to do you just fine, and give you a full featured enough BIOS to progress from dabbling to expert level: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PZ8j4D/asus-rog-maximus-x-hero-atx-lga1151-motherboard-rog-maximus-x-hero

Rawr.

29 minutes ago, Minemine12 said:

Are you actually buying an 8086K? Are you going to delid it? Are you going to get top end RAM?

What budget/country? What do you need your PC for, what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Are you actually buying an 8086K? Are you going to delid it? Are you going to get top end RAM?

What budget/country? What do you need your PC for, what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

I actually won it from the giveaway and i dont plan to delid. RAM wise i havent decided. budget is less then 250ish. USA, for Gaming, and 100hz 3440X1440.

this is really dumb, i know, but im kinda leaning towards the MSI pro carbon just because the RBG rim would look really nice in/on my open air case

24 minutes ago, Minemine12 said:

I actually won it from the giveaway and i dont plan to delid. RAM wise i havent decided. budget is less then 250ish. USA, for Gaming, and 100hz 3440X1440.

this is really dumb, i know, but im kinda leaning towards the MSI pro carbon just because the RBG rim would look really nice in/on my open air case

If you're in the US trade it to AMD for a 1950X, Either build a system then or just sell the 1950X

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

Just now, Streetguru said:

If you're in the US trade it to AMD for a 1950X, Either build a system then or just sell the 1950X

I think its only the first 50 people to email them so i think thats not really an option

54 minutes ago, Minemine12 said:

I think its only the first 50 people to email them so i think thats not really an option

You might as well try it.

Probably go for one of these otherwise if you want a top end board.

ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA1151 ATX 4 64GB
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
(1)
$212.99 Add
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) LGA1151 ATX 4 64GB
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
(17)
$227.49 Add
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming K3 (rev. 1.0) LGA1151 ATX 4 64GB
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
(0)
$235.90 Add
Asus ROG MAXIMUS X HERO LGA1151 ATX 4 64GB
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
(0)
$248.89

Spoiler