New VR Build - Advice would be welcome please

Evening All,

I am hoping for some opinions on a new PC that I am planning to purchase/build at the start of next month.

1. Budget & Location - I am in the UK and would like to stick to as close to £1000 GBP as possible that is approx 1300 usd. There may be a small amount of wriggle room in the budget but sadly not much

2. Aim - I already have an older PC built a few years ago now which is primarily being used as a work PC. But I am planning to take the dive into the world of VR so as I understand I need a fair bit of horse power.

3. Monitors - The PC is also going to be situated in a living room rather than the office so will be hooked up to a TV rather than a monitor (TV soon to be upgraded to 4k too)

4. Peripherals - No immediate requirement for normal peripherals as I have these anyway (except for the VR headset which will be purchased at a slightly later date and is not in the budget I stated above)

5. Why are you upgrading? - Really want to get into VR had a go with PSVR and also an Oculus Rift and there really was no competition the Rift was way better! Also my current PC is flagging a bit now been several years since I put her together so time to move on and have a dedicated gaming rig.

Any opinions greatly appreciated:

CPU - AMD - Ryzen 5 1600X 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor - £145

Cooler - CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler - £35

Motherboard - MSI - B350M MORTAR ARCTIC Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard - £83

Ram - Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory - £94

Storage - Western Digital - Green 120GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive - £43

- Seagate - Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive - £75

Graphics Card - EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Superclocked Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card - £496

Case - Inwin - 301 Black MicroATX Mini Tower Case - £60

PSU - Corsair - Builder 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply - £75

Total Cost - £1106

Thanks in advance 

you dont really need a 3tb hdd I'd reccomend 1tb  and for vr you should get like a gtx 1070

Ah my bad I should have been clearer. the 3tb drive is needed due to other work related projects and will likely be chucked into my other PC and like you said a 1tb drive that I already have will be added to this build. Sorry it was just on my shopping list :)

As for the graphics card would I not notice the difference the between a 1070 and a 1080 bearing in mind that I will at a later date be hooking up a 4k tv to the rig as well?

Appreciate the comment 

4 minutes ago, Doughboy01 said:

Ah my bad I should have been clearer. the 3tb drive is needed due to other work related projects and will likely be chucked into my other PC and like you said a 1tb drive that I already have will be added to this build. Sorry it was just on my shopping list :)

As for the graphics card would I not notice the difference the between a 1070 and a 1080 bearing in mind that I will at a later date be hooking up a 4k tv to the rig as well?

Appreciate the comment 

oh ok 

Thanks, that does look good and a bit cheaper too!