Audioengine A2+ & A5+, which one shall I go for?

l3043Y
Go to solution Solved by Dackzy,

They aren't worth their asking price, get LSR 305 instead since those are better and remember if it doesn't say pair, then the price is for a single speaker.

Ofc these Audioengine speakers are only sold in pairs.

Hello everyone!

I'm considering a pair of cost-effective, long lasting HiFi speaker. I found two speakers, A2+ & A5+, that seem to get very good review although they're all like 4 years old.

I'm currently living in a dormetery which is a little small, but not for too long, 3 years. I want a really good speaker that lasts.

Thanks for any suggestions.

They aren't worth their asking price, get LSR 305 instead since those are better and remember if it doesn't say pair, then the price is for a single speaker.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

LTT double post error

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

11 hours ago, Dackzy said:

I really convinced by Audioengine. A2+ appears to be on top of the list in term of best speaker, and there're a lots of good reviews on YouTube too, except for LTT. LTT also mentioned the value of A5+, 4 years ago. Could you tell me about LSR 305? Its performance compare to A2+ or A5+? How it appeals to you?

Thanks,

5 hours ago, l3043Y said:

I really convinced by Audioengine. A2+ appears to be on top of the list in term of best speaker, and there're a lots of good reviews on YouTube too, except for LTT. LTT also mentioned the value of A5+, 4 years ago. Could you tell me about LSR 305? Its performance compare to A2+ or A5+? How it appeals to you?

Thanks,

Have you seen the reviews for the LSR 305?

The LSR 305 is more detailed, has better timbre and a better and bigger sweet spot. The LSR 305 is also made to be precise where the A5+ most definitely aren't. Ofc your room and how you place them in the room will change the sound, this goes for all speakers.

They beat A2+ and A5+ in basically every single way, except for size...

Also no A2+ and A5+ are entry level powered speakers and at best a mediocre ones at that, since the 305 beats them, then again the 305 really also stirred things up, they were and still are great for entry level powered speakers or studio monitors.

If you look on the studio monitor market then you can easily spend 2k just for a single speaker, granted it will also be pretty amazing.

Also keep in mind the price of the LSR 305 is for a single speaker, so you have to double it, unless it says pair or you buy some bundle with them and then a preamp and some cables or something like that.