Textures in all games run as low on gtx 780 see description

Hi guys after a 4 year hiatus I'm back with a problem. Long stories short someone accidentally kicked my pc causing massive instability over the last month probably stemming from a bent CPU socket pin. Today it randomly crashed and destroyed my copy of windows with it. I reinstalled windows while keeping most of my files using the auto fix tool. I then reinstalled all the appropriate drivers and games. The instant I ran fortnite after downloading I realized it was running in low textures even though it was set to epic on every bar. I tried seeing if anything was wrong in GeForce experience or in the NVidia control panel as recommended online and none of that helped fortnite. I then whipped fortnite from my computer doing a complete uninstall and verifying with revo uninstaller. After reinstalling and thinking I fixed the issue the game stayed on low textures. The reason this is in gpu is because this was an issue with all games until I changed something in control panel and then it became a fortnite only problem. What do you guys think I should do as this wasn't a problem prior to the fresh os install. Any help is greatly appreciated as I'm at my wits end with this computer.

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

I played Fortnite yesterday after the latest patch and after my first game i double checked my video settings because when i was playing it looked like the textures were set on low but no, epic on all.

I'm pretty sure it's the game.

2 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

I played Fortnite yesterday after the latest patch and after my first game i double checked my video settings because when i was playing it looked like the textures were set on low but no, epic on all.

I'm pretty sure it's the game.

ok just wondering what gpu are you running just in case its a driver issue? Because im also running at really low fps so im thinking it may be using internal graphic son my intel cpu

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

Just now, JEman99 said:

ok just wondering what gpu are you running just in case its a driver issue?

GTX 1070

Just now, JEman99 said:

ok just wondering what gpu are you running just in case its a driver issue?

Was fine until the Fortnite update.

2 minutes ago, JEman99 said:

ok just wondering what gpu are you running just in case its a driver issue? Because im also running at really low fps so im thinking it may be using internal graphic son my intel cpu

nvm im only hitting 72 fps but i have my gpu pinned at 100 % usage which doesnt make sense since at ultra i used to be in the 130-140 range

28 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

Was fine until the Fortnite update.

interesting because i have a friend with a 980 and he is having no problems post update. Are yu running the most recent driver.

9 minutes ago, JEman99 said:

interesting because i have a friend with a 980 and he is having no problems post update. Are yu running the most recent driver.

Yeah.

Loads of posts on the Epic forum from the last 2 days about graphics issues post update.

Just now, glenalz81 said:

Yeah.

Loads of posts on the Epic forum from the last 2 days about graphics issues post update.

Oh really could you link that didn't seem to come up in my google search. I guess it just must have coincided with my pc momentarily bricking.

Just done a quick test.

I always played on epic settings,  averaged 150fps  no OC.

Saw a video about a week ago on how turning off shadows makes it easier to see enemies,  it's true, it also bumped the fps to 230-250 so since then i've been using no shadows.

Just loaded up Fortnite to check the framrate with shadows on epic again, averaging 120 now so down from 150....  20% drop.

Somethings going on for sure.

5 hours ago, glenalz81 said:

Just done a quick test.

I always played on epic settings,  averaged 150fps  no OC.

Saw a video about a week ago on how turning off shadows makes it easier to see enemies,  it's true, it also bumped the fps to 230-250 so since then i've been using no shadows.

Just loaded up Fortnite to check the framrate with shadows on epic again, averaging 120 now so down from 150....  20% drop.

Somethings going on for sure.

But are the textures stills screwy? Also nothing liek alll low technical settings running at 60fps on 1080p gtx 780.

Yeah, all the textures in the immediate vicinity of the character look way worse than they did before,  so looks worse and performs worse.

I'm just back from work and switched on to a windows update,  don't think it'll make a difference but you never know.