Custom drivers for GTX 285

BREEEE

hey so as the title says,i need custom drivers for the gtx285 superpipe from MSI since the lack of driver support is making me lose my sanity,games shut down randomly and its getting on my nerve.
(the main problem here is skyrim,i get beyond 60 fps uncapped on ultra with graphical mods,its not much,it just saturates skyrims textures which makes it look way better.)
i dont get any error messages when the game im playing crashes,gpu is at 51 degrees celsius at the very highest peak ive attained so far.
btw just so you know,the current version of nvidia's drivers for the gtx285 is 342.01.

specs as follows:

Phenom ii x4 965 overclocked from 3.4 to 3.74
8 gigs DDR2 ram
GTX 285 superpipe 
700watt thermaltake toughpower semimodular PSU
Asus M4N78 PRO 
windows 7 64bit

(before people go full on RREEEEEEEE on me because im not using windows 10,its because i hate windows 10,ive had multiple security issues in the past with it and just overall hate the interface and "ease"of access,oh,and its less snappy than windows 7 and 8.1,even if it "uses less ressources",since it doesnt put them to good use,oh and dont forget the bloatware and cortana.)

46 minutes ago, BREEEE said:

I don't think you need custom drivers(which require an engineering team)

I think you need an R3 2200G in your life.

I mean you could try the GNU/Linux open source drivers or something, but your issue is your GPU being ancient.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

I don't know about custom GPU drivers but when using very old GPUs using the latest drivers can sometimes cause issues. I'd try going into the archive of earlier versions and download one close to but later than the release of the 285. This could yield more stable results.

9 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

I mean you could try the GNU/Linux open source drivers or something, but your issue is your GPU being ancient.

100% facts. I would try upgrading your pc asap and worry less about drivers. 

Firestrike 
i7-8700k @5.0GHz w/ 1.30v, Corsair h100iv2, Gigabye Aorus gaming 7, 16GB(8x2) 2666MHz ddr4, Dual RX470's OC'd to 1390mhz(atm) in corssfire - liguid cooled with corsair h60's, 3.25 TB in Samsung SSD's, anidees white crystal cube case 

Retired:
i5-4440k @3.2GHz, gigabyte ga-z87x-ud5h z87, 24GB DDR3, 3x1TB Seagate Baracuda HDD.

On 7/26/2018 at 1:33 AM, Streetguru said:

since when can i use linux drivers on windows?

On 7/26/2018 at 1:43 AM, O9B0666 said:

100% facts. I would try upgrading your pc asap and worry less about drivers. 

i will upgrade my gpu soon,as for my whole pc i really sont have that type of money,like,at all,

On 7/26/2018 at 1:34 AM, Windows7ge said:

I don't know about custom GPU drivers but when using very old GPUs using the latest drivers can sometimes cause issues. I'd try going into the archive of earlier versions and download one close to but later than the release of the 285. This could yield more stable results.

the "latest" driver for my gpu is 342.01,the current drivers are for the 10 series,which is the 398.36 if im correct.

and there is litterally no place on the internet that can help me decide of a driver package.

On 7/26/2018 at 1:33 AM, Streetguru said:

if i were to install (for example,lubuntu),id still have issues,just look at the driver page.
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/135161/en-us

4 hours ago, BREEEE said:

if i were to install (for example,lubuntu),id still have issues,just look at the driver page.
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/135161/en-us

You don't have to use Nvidia's proprietary drivers on GNU/Linux, but your GPU is ancient it's simply time to replace it.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

On 7/26/2018 at 12:46 AM, BREEEE said:

hey so as the title says,i need custom drivers for the gtx285 superpipe from MSI since the lack of driver support is making me lose my sanity,games shut down randomly and its getting on my nerve.
(the main problem here is skyrim,i get beyond 60 fps uncapped on ultra with graphical mods,its not much,it just saturates skyrims textures which makes it look way better.)
i dont get any error messages when the game im playing crashes,gpu is at 51 degrees celsius at the very highest peak ive attained so far.
btw just so you know,the current version of nvidia's drivers for the gtx285 is 342.01.

specs as follows:

Phenom ii x4 965 overclocked from 3.4 to 3.74
8 gigs DDR2 ram
GTX 285 superpipe 
700watt thermaltake toughpower semimodular PSU
Asus M4N78 PRO 
windows 7 64bit

(before people go full on RREEEEEEEE on me because im not using windows 10,its because i hate windows 10,ive had multiple security issues in the past with it and just overall hate the interface and "ease"of access,oh,and its less snappy than windows 7 and 8.1,even if it "uses less ressources",since it doesnt put them to good use,oh and dont forget the bloatware and cortana.)

you got 700 watt power supply upgrade to gtx 600 series for $50-80 dollars

8 hours ago, Jaggsta said:

you got 700 watt power supply upgrade to gtx 600 series for $50-80 dollars

80 bucks for a 600 series?thats in the us bro xDim in canada,so prices are a little bit higher(little bit of sarcasm there lol,its pretty expensive if you dont know where to look and when to look,which i dont,so HOORAAY!)

• 3 years later...

i agree with guy here, you guys try being broke. GTX 285 struggle is real.