Electrical noise through headphones so looking at a UPS

JamesHewitt
1 minute ago, jonnyGURU said:

This is weird.

I'd still try the additional ground wire idea.  Better than nothing.

I'll give it a shot, I will also test to see if my socket is grounded but I don't think that would be the issue if I have the same issue in multiple plugs?

1 hour ago, JamesHewitt said:

I'll give it a shot, I will also test to see if my socket is grounded but I don't think that would be the issue if I have the same issue in multiple plugs?

Well... Unless your breaker box isn't grounded so none of the outlets are grounded.  :-o

3 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Well... Unless your breaker box isn't grounded so none of the outlets are grounded.  :-o

I've been reading a lot of reviews about the M track I bought and the 2nd one i tried is the same type just a less fancy version, I am wondering if it could be at fault as I am having similar issues as others in it. I will also try and get a different brand completely and see if the issue remains.

Are all the motherboards on the multiple PC's the same?

Powering via USB can be tricky.  It's not like you can split off the power to it's own power supply since M-Audio is expecting you to use Type C for both power AND data.  Seems like a shitty design for quasi quality audio.  Personally, I would get a proper internal sound card.  I personally use a Sound Blaster X AE-5.  Completely independent of USB bull shit.

3 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Powering via USB can be tricky.  It's not like you can split off the power to it's own power supply since M-Audio is expecting you to use Type C for both power AND data.  Seems like a shitty design for quasi quality audio.  Personally, I would get a proper internal sound card.  I personally use a Sound Blaster X AE-5.  Completely independent of USB bull shit.

All 3 have been different

8 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Was just looking at the Sound Blaster X AE-5, I do unfortunately need XLR inputs as well as phantom power but that does seem really nice.

• 5 weeks later...

I've been a bit ill lately and dealing with a lot of things, thought I'd update you all. Basically whilst the M audio mtrack was good, lately, it has been having massive issues which is what was causing my stuttering. As for the buzz I got an isolator for between the  Audio interface and the monitors which have stopped that. I also swapped to the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 gen 2 and returned both M tracks (amazing customer service though). 

On 26.07.2018 at 11:20 PM, JamesHewitt said:

The only thing I haven't changed is the speakers, but both results in this buzz and the chances two are defective?

Are you using microphone? I have electrical buzz when I plug my mic when software boost is on

6 hours ago, Danoniero said:

Are you using microphone? I have electrical buzz when I plug my mic when software boost is on

I do have an XLR mic but it had no effect.

• 10 months later...
On 7/27/2018 at 1:46 AM, jonnyGURU said:

Dear Mr JonnyGURU,

I am having exactly this guy's problem with the same board but I am trying to contain the root cause.

1) Through my Onkyo 9010 using the analog front speaker jack: NOISE

2) Headphones connected directly to the front speaker jack at the back of the board: NOISE

3) Headphones connected to the front panel in the case: NOISE

4) Remove all USBs: NOISE

5) Unplug all the monitors: NOISE

6) Use another outlet: NOISE

7) Using the optical S/PDIF output: FIXED

But I really want the use the analog output. The PSU is quite new: the top 750W silverstone you recommend. Case is new as well: Fractal Design S2 Meshify.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2019 at 5:12 PM, Villason said:

Dear Mr JonnyGURU,

I am having exactly this guy's problem with the same board but I am trying to contain the root cause.

1) Through my Onkyo 9010 using the analog front speaker jack: NOISE

2) Headphones connected directly to the front speaker jack at the back of the board: NOISE

3) Headphones connected to the front panel in the case: NOISE

4) Remove all USBs: NOISE

5) Unplug all the monitors: NOISE

6) Use another outlet: NOISE

7) Using the optical S/PDIF output: FIXED

But I really want the use the analog output. The PSU is quite new: the top 750W silverstone you recommend. Case is new as well: Fractal Design S2 Meshify.

Cheers.

https://www.gear4music.com/Recording-and-Computers/Behringer-MICROHD-HD400-Hum-Destroyer/6RR?origin=product-ads&gclid=CjwKCAjw36DpBRAYEiwAmVVDMKShv9dus_xYc9WI2vhK163uhFgKu4dgtU6UT499ugvB1m2cM2xO9xoCkawQAvD_BwE

This is what fixed it for me in the end. The houses electrics seem to be massively over the top due to it being made by an electrician (the guy I used). 

Only thing we could think of was interference between the PC and interface as there's so much power coming from mine.