Looking for compatible CPU for streaming 720p60 Overwatch

Go to solution Solved by spencerstephens,
5 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

thanks. and that would be cheaper than buying the par buy its self?

My current build does not allow me to stream Overwatch at the quality I want without in game performance loss. I read to be able to up stream quality I'd need a better CPU. I'm looking for the least expensive upgrade to achieve 720p60 (between 2k and 3k bitrate). Here are specs for compatibility and to answer other possible questions.

Motherboard > gigabyte p67a-ud3-b3

CPU > i5-2500k @3.3GHz

GPU > GTX970

RAM > 8GB 1600MHz DIMM form factor (cannot find type of RAM as it displays as unknown in all info windows) 

OS > Win10

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have and help in any way I can. Thank you for reading!

Define least expensive? Used i7-3770K

Do you have a budget cause upgrading might be a nice penny with you needing ddr4 for the latest gen cpus.

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

16 minutes ago, Br3tt96 said:

Define least expensive? Used i7-3770K

Do you have a budget cause upgrading might be a nice penny with you needing ddr4 for the latest gen cpus.

Least expensive seems self explaining to me. I'm okay with buying used, but I didnt know about the RAM requirement before now. It's necessary? No budget as it's for my birthday, I'd just like to spend as little money as possible to achieve the result. 

5 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

4 minutes ago, spencerstephens said:

Least expensive seems self explaining to me. I'm okay with buying used, but I didnt know about the RAM requirement before now. It's necessary? No budget as it's for my birthday, I'd just like to spend as little money as possible to achieve the result. 

Yeah best option is an i7-3770 or 3770k.

To upgrade to a new chip you'll need a new motherboard, cpu, and ram. The chips are on the 8th generation and the last ddr3 gen was 4XXX

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

11 minutes ago, spencerstephens said:

The PC would be around $200 and the CPU would be $120 - $150. Might as well spend the extra to get the CPU and ram, then sell the i5 2500, spare motherboard and hard drive.

hi.

1 minute ago, AskTJ said:

The PC would be around $200 and the CPU would be $120 - $150. Might as well spend the extra to get the CPU and ram, then sell the i5 2500, spare motherboard and hard drive.

Makes sense, thanks a ton for the help!

8 minutes ago, Br3tt96 said:

Yeah best option is an i7-3770 or 3770k.

To upgrade to a new chip you'll need a new motherboard, cpu, and ram. The chips are on the 8th generation and the last ddr3 gen was 4XXX

Checked compatitbility and the 3770s work with my motherboard.So I'll get that cpu and ram combo in the way that asktj suggested. Thanks a bunch! Is there a benchmark or something I can check to make sure that cpu can handle 720p60 @2.5k bitrate? Id like to be sure.