Does anyone have any usefull information on the bsel tape mod for 775 processors specifically core 2 duos

I'm trying to get the best I can out of my old machine and im trying to physically change the fsb speed from 1066 to 1333. By tapeing or soldering the pads on the bottom of the CPU. Did anyone attempted to this or any information on thjs, or know someone I can talk to. 

There are a few requirements for this to work

1. a board capable of native 1333 FSB

2. a 1066FSB CPU, 800 won't work

As far as I know, this won't work on 1600FSB boards, since the clock speed would ramp up beyond levels that are remotely considered as stable, and there's no control. 

Guide is here:

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

I have a board capable of 1333 fsb  and the CPU I have is clocked at 1066. I don't know if if the CPU would ramp up to 1333 or 1600 because I have read both on the Internet. 

On another note I tried this mod a couple of weeks ago and it worked  when I I disabled the second core but when both cores where active windows would crash before I could even sign in. I suspected it would be a power delivery issue the CPUs not getting a high enough voltage I assume. And there's some other mods out there that apparently could fix this but I don't know if it true. 

Like this:

http://yogia.blogspot.com/2008/06/what-is-overclocking-overclocking-is.html?m=1

I looked at the Core 2 Duo datasheet and it kind of looks like it would would work but I not that knowledgeable on this topic

1 hour ago, Itsisntnick said:

I have a board capable of 1333 fsb  and the CPU I have is clocked at 1066. I don't know if if the CPU would ramp up to 1333 or 1600 because I have read both on the Internet. 

On another note I tried this mod a couple of weeks ago and it worked  when I I disabled the second core but when both cores where active windows would crash before I could even sign in. I suspected it would be a power delivery issue the CPUs not getting a high enough voltage I assume.

Yeah, not all CPUs are stable at the higher FSB. So it's a no-go on boards that don't have voltage control. The only guaranteed CPU is the Q6600 G0. That thing always boots at 3GHz with the BSEL mod without issues.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro