I seem to be looking for a unicorn of a display in the Freesync 2 Category

Go to solution Solved by Firewrath9,
13 minutes ago, Alpha17x said:

So to start off, I do content production and for a long time, I've been doing 1080p. because even though we've had '4K' for a long time; The vast majority of people are still seeing 1080p, not even UHD, 1080p.

Anyway, that's finally started to shift so I've already got a new system capable of producing the power and performance I need. My final weak point is my monitors.

I've had no trouble finding a series of 4K monitors that have Freesync2/HDR support at a high refresh. The problem is that all of them are curved.  I can't be using a curved monitor when I'm doing content production.

I couldn't find anything with Freesync2 that was 4K that didn't have a curve, and I couldn't find anything that wasn't curved, had freesync and still had HDR. from searching I'm gathering that Freesync 2 = HDR

Here is the Unicorn of a Monitor that I need;

UHD At minimum (2560 x 1440), 4K (3840) would be ideal.

High Dynamic Range

Freesync (for in-engine testing)

No less than 60hz refresh; 120 would be ideal, 144 would be the land of dreams.

5ms response time.

Displayport for the connection would be ideal.

It cannot under any circumstance or under any exception be curved - it's for content production.

My search has primarily been through things like PC Partpicker, New Egg, Memory Express.  This doesn't have to be a game-centric monitor

If this thing just outright doesn't exist, I always run with a multi-monitor setup;  3 monitors + a tv.  So I'm more than willing to deal with workarounds.

Or if there's a TV that meets these requirements rather than a monitor, I'm willing to go there.

I intend to keep searching for the unicorn but I'm posting here to see if anyone has any ideas for compromises or monitors that might actually meet those requirements.

1440p is QHD, not UHD which is 4k btw

AOC U2879VF 28”Class LED 4K Monitor 3840x2160, 300cd/m2, 10Bit Color, FreeSync, VGA, DVI, HDMI, DP https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0163JLIWU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apu_LQKvBbMBNQX9W

So to start off, I do content production and for a long time, I've been doing 1080p. because even though we've had '4K' for a long time; The vast majority of people are still seeing 1080p, not even UHD, 1080p.

Anyway, that's finally started to shift so I've already got a new system capable of producing the power and performance I need. My final weak point is my monitors.

I've had no trouble finding a series of 4K monitors that have Freesync2/HDR support at a high refresh. The problem is that all of them are curved.  I can't be using a curved monitor when I'm doing content production.

I couldn't find anything with Freesync2 that was 4K that didn't have a curve, and I couldn't find anything that wasn't curved, had freesync and still had HDR. from searching I'm gathering that Freesync 2 = HDR

High Dynamic Range

5ms response time.

It cannot under any circumstance or under any exception be curved - it's for content production.

My search has primarily been through things like PC Partpicker, New Egg, Memory Express.  This doesn't have to be a game-centric monitor

If this thing just outright doesn't exist, I always run with a multi-monitor setup;  3 monitors + a tv.  So I'm more than willing to deal with workarounds.

Or if there's a TV that meets these requirements rather than a monitor, I'm willing to go there.

I intend to keep searching for the unicorn but I'm posting here to see if anyone has any ideas for compromises or monitors that might actually meet those requirements.

FYI 1440p =/= UHD.

UHD = 2160p

QHD = 1440p

13 minutes ago, Alpha17x said:

High Dynamic Range

5ms response time.

1440p is QHD, not UHD which is 4k btw

AOC U2879VF 28”Class LED 4K Monitor 3840x2160, 300cd/m2, 10Bit Color, FreeSync, VGA, DVI, HDMI, DP https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0163JLIWU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apu_LQKvBbMBNQX9W

Yeah we definitely need more Freesync 2 monitors and none curved ones too. They'll come in time. 4K HDR high refresh rate will be sweet! 

Pixio PX277h

27" 1440p 144Hz IPS Freesync 2 HDR flat monitor 

This is the new monitor I plan to buy, really checks pretty much everything. Was looking at Samsung CHG70 before but it's curved. This one is flat. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |