Low FPS output on Twitch via OBS

Hey guys, I ran into a problem with my AMD Ryzen 7 - 1800x a month or two ago, it started with the PC not being able to stream and game at the same time. Before the problem I was able to stream 1080@60 without too many problems. I figured my freshly applied OC was the cause so put it back to stock but that didn't help, after testing anything and everything I could think up, DDU, reinstall, windows tweaks, replacing system drive, power supply and so on the problem was still there I figured I was one of the lucky that managed to kill a CPU during my first OC in years so I ordered a Threadripper 1920x with a motherboard and a Kraken something AIO.

After everything was set up and working I tried to stream and I still get "frames missed due to render lag" so, I did the same as before, tried tweaks, reinstall's, DDU and so on.

I have got the system running and its fine in windows and or games alone but I can not stream anything other than Battlefield 4 and PUBG on ultra ultra low.

Today while writing this post when I was saving screenshots of stuff I noticed something new, when I'm streaming and watching a replay inside PUBG its laggy, if I let the replay continue and alt tab out of the game the "frames missed due to render lag" goes away. and the stream looks silky smooth. 

• I've tried so many things that I'm 100% sure I have forgotten to list everything.

Reinstall of Windows. Old and newer versions. From Windows 1607 to Windows 1803 Preview build.
Reinstall of Nvidia Drivers with and without DDU.

Window power plans.

CPU and GPU temps are fine but I re-pasted 3 of the graphics cards (the one I didn't was brand new out of the box) 

Replaced Mobo, CPU, Cooler, Memory, M.2 (from Samsung EVO to Intel 760p), 4 x different GTX 1080's, Windows tweaks and power supply.

AMD Threadripper game mode (this made everything waaaay worse)

Game Bar: Off
Game DVR: Off
Game DVR Background Recording: Off
Game Mode: Off
Nvidia Features Off

Different OBS settings. 1080p60, 720p60, 720p, 480p, ALL of them generate missed frames due to render lag.

Capping/Limiting FPS / Hz

• Other info.

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/4003756

https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=104663155213

• Hardware (everything is not being used atm)

• AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X
• 3x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (No SLI and only one connected atm)
• Motherboard: Asus PRIME X399-A
• Memory: Kingston and Corsair.
• Monitor 1: BenQ BL3200
• Monitor 2: BenQ BL3200
• Monitor 3: Acer XB272
• SSD1: Force Series™ 120gb
• SSD2: Force Series™ 120gb
• SSD3: Force Series™ 240gb
• SSD4: Force Series™ 240gb
• SSD5: Kingston Releases HyperX 3K 120gb
• HDD: Hitachi HDS721010CLA332
• HDD2: Seagate ST5000DM000-1FK178
• HDD3: Seagate ST5000DM000-1FK178
• HDD3: WDC WD5000AAKS-00WWPA0

• Audio stuff

• Behringer QX1002USB Mixer
• Philips X2/27 Fidelio
• Audio-Technica AT2020
• Fluid Audio c5btw Studio Monitor

• Extras
• Corsair STRAFE RGB
• CORSAIR GLAIVE - RGB
• CORSAIR MM800 RGB (Soft)
• Elgato Stream Deck
• Elgato Game Capture HD60S (not used)

• OBS Settings •

b62fc64f816792793cf356ad664b5373.png

• OBS Stats while game is in focus •

with game in focus.png

• OBS Stats while OBS or any other program is in focus •

with OBS in focus while game running.png

DxDiag.txt

OBS Log.txt

I have also tried setting up OBS manually and to be able to play I MUST use xsplit.

"rendering lag" is probably your gpu failing to keep up.

"encoding lag" is your cpu failing to keep up.

try sticking a 2nd 1080 into the system, and using SLI. the motherboard probably came with a default SLI bridge? that's good enough, even if it isn't an HB bridge. or get a cheap SLI bridge from somewhere if you dont have one.

G-Sync ENABLED

OBS on the secondary 60Hz/75Hz screen

Game runing in Windowed/Borderless mode

NVIDIA Control Panel -> Global settings -> V-Sync set to ENABLED or USE 3D NVIDIA SETTINGS

???

7 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

OBS was a pain in the fucking ass when I underclocked my 1700X to 3GHz. That might be part of the issue, the fact that OBS just doesn’t like Ryzen. 

Astolfo best trap 

35 minutes ago, WereCat said:

G-Sync ENABLED

OBS on the secondary 60Hz/75Hz screen

Game runing in Windowed/Borderless mode

NVIDIA Control Panel -> Global settings -> V-Sync set to ENABLED or USE 3D NVIDIA SETTINGS

???

The settings I have now are the result of a bunch of testing,

43 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

OBS was a pain in the fucking ass when I underclocked my 1700X to 3GHz. That might be part of the issue, the fact that OBS just doesn’t like Ryzen. 

Had no problems when I bought the 1800x, the system was well over a year old before I got any issues streaming.

48 minutes ago, tzxazrael said:

"rendering lag" is probably your gpu failing to keep up.

"encoding lag" is your cpu failing to keep up.

try sticking a 2nd 1080 into the system, and using SLI. the motherboard probably came with a default SLI bridge? that's good enough, even if it isn't an HB bridge. or get a cheap SLI bridge from somewhere if you dont have one.

Rendering lag is most deffo something to do with the graphics card(s). 

SLI didnt change anything. I even tried running with hardware encoding using a dedicated GTX 1080, results are the same.

format and reinstall everything?  i'm out of other suggestions

8 minutes ago, tzxazrael said:

format and reinstall everything?  i'm out of other suggestions

Sorry, forgot to update the post. "Reinstall of Windows. Old and newer versions. From Windows 1607 to Windows 1803 Preview build"

The people on OBS forum said in a different post that it is because the graphics card is being maxed out, which makes sense. What does not make sense is the fact that all problems goes away when I alt tab out of the PUBG game where its playing a replay of a previous mach. if I alt tab out I get 60 fps stream, if I stay in game I get 7-58 fps. With render times for each frame being as high as 120 ms.

no, that totally makes sense.

when you have the game up on screen, your gpu is working all out to display everything "real time".

when it's in the background, many games start skipping a LOT of frames. if you're not even looking at it, it doesn't matter if it's drawn less well.

but if it's the gfx card maxing out... seems odd that adding another in SLI isn't helping at all.

27 minutes ago, tzxazrael said:

no, that totally makes sense.

when you have the game up on screen, your gpu is working all out to display everything "real time".

when it's in the background, many games start skipping a LOT of frames. if you're not even looking at it, it doesn't matter if it's drawn less well.

but if it's the gfx card maxing out... seems odd that adding another in SLI isn't helping at all.

So the 150 fps I have in game isnt 150 even tho Nvidia FPS counter overlay stuff says it is? 

i mean, it doesn't have to actually push anything to the screen.. so idk. all i know is it's a lot easier when it's in the background.

36 minutes ago, tzxazrael said:

i mean, it doesn't have to actually push anything to the screen.. so idk. all i know is it's a lot easier when it's in the background.

its not minimized, its just that I have clicked another program on one of the other monitors, its still running PUBG in fullscreen windowed mode on monitor 1 

I am not sure how to fix this but i recommend using windows game mode when streaming because it will reduce latency and it will make your streaming less laggy that is my advice hope it helped xD

1 hour ago, TheCosmosAKAtheNerd said:

I am not sure how to fix this but i recommend using windows game mode when streaming because it will reduce latency and it will make your streaming less laggy that is my advice hope it helped xD

The gaming mode removes power from OBS so that won't work, thanks for your input tho. 

As for the rest of you lurk-reading my post, join in and give me all your crazy ideas, if I can't say it wont work immediately I will try, I am fairly desperate at this point!