Witch Is The Best Budget AM3+ Cpu

Hello!

So I've recently made a choice to upgrade my cpu, but I will need a new mobo and cpu...

I've already found a mobo I think will be good (Micro ATX AMD 760G), but I'm kinda stuck on the cpu part...

What cpu should I get? 

I currently have a AMD Athlon x4 845 3.5GHz, a Msi Grenade A68HM mobo and a Gtx 750ti.

Edit: I'm on a budget around 60...

Look at your motherboard specs and see what's the highest it supports. 

Being so old (the 760g is ancient), the motherboard may not support 125w TDP processors like FX 8320 or FX 8350, so you may have to stick to 95w TDP processors like FX-8300 or FX-8320e or FX-6300

Then you can look up https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php and compare the score of your x4 845 with the newer AM3+ processors.

My advice would be to hit eBay, you can buy a 6 core 3.5 Ghz FX-6300 for less than 50$, some listings are at less than 30$ including shipping ... they're safe buys, just carefully read description to see if the mention pins being broken or not (majority of listings are perfectly fine CPUs without any problems)

Here's a listing for 50$: LINK

later edit: honestly, the jump in performance going with a am3+ processor will be quite small, maybe 10-20% extra with a good motherboard. That board with the 760g chipset will limit the performance jump quite a bit and you may be losing some of the benefits you have with the msi board ( usb 3 ports, sata 3,potentially higher quality audio on board, better and more stable drivers due to newer chips etc) Not sure it's worth changing over.  Save money and either buy a better video card, or make the jump to a Ryzen 2200g with b350/b450 and DDR4 memory.

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

Look at your motherboard specs and see what's the highest it supports. 

Being so old (the 760g is ancient), the motherboard may not support 125w TDP processors like FX 8320 or FX 8350, so you may have to stick to 95w TDP processors like FX-8300 or FX-8320e or FX-6300

Then you can look up https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php and compare the score of your x4 845 with the newer AM3+ processors.

My advice would be to hit eBay, you can buy a 6 core 3.5 Ghz FX-6300 for less than 50$, some listings are at less than 30$ including shipping ... they're safe buys, just carefully read description to see if the mention pins being broken or not (majority of listings are perfectly fine CPUs without any problems)

Here's a listing for 50$: LINK

later edit: honestly, the jump in performance going with a am3+ processor will be quite small, maybe 10-20% extra with a good motherboard. That board with the 760g chipset will limit the performance jump quite a bit and you may be losing some of the benefits you have with the msi board ( usb 3 ports, sata 3,potentially higher quality audio on board, better and more stable drivers due to newer chips etc) Not sure it's worth changing over.  Save money and either buy a better video card, or make the jump to a Ryzen 2200g with b350/b450 and DDR4 memory.

Idk...

I can barely run games with my current build, I don't know why, I thought games whould run better on my pc.

I've looked at videos people using almost the same build as mine and getting triple times better preformance, I don't know what is wrong with my pc, its maybe the motherboards fault or its just my psu, I have a 420w psu...

Edit: If I get a better video card the bottleneck would be worse...

1 hour ago, Vod said:

Hello!

So I've recently made a choice to upgrade my cpu, but I will need a new mobo and cpu...

I've already found a mobo I think will be good (Micro ATX AMD 760G), but I'm kinda stuck on the cpu part...

What cpu should I get? 

I currently have a AMD Athlon x4 845 3.5GHz, a Msi Grenade A68HM mobo and a Gtx 750ti.

Edit: I'm on a budget around 60...

Better performance could be because the GPU has 4GB VRAM which is needed for most titles now and maybe upgrade RAM to 8GB or even 16GB. 

Or hell just upgrade to Ryzen or Intel. Most of the newer stuff is more budget friendly and more powerful.
if you need an all in one then use Ryzen APU's w speedy RAM.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

1 minute ago, Ramamataz said:

Better performance could be because the GPU has 4GB VRAM which is needed for most titles now and maybe upgrade RAM to 8GB or even 16GB. 

I already have 8gb of ram, and if I get a better gpu the bottleneck is just going to be worse, when I play games, the cpu usage is always at 100%, but the gpu usage is ussaly at 40% or lower...

1 minute ago, Vod said:

I already have 8gb of ram, and if I get a better gpu the bottleneck is just going to be worse, when I play games, the cpu usage is always at 100%, but the gpu usage is ussaly at 40% or lower...

only path would be to upgrade to ryzen or intel and or get a 4GB VRAM card to help ease the CPU.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Just now, Ramamataz said:

only path would be to upgrade to ryzen or intel and or get a 4GB VRAM card to help ease the CPU.

Yeah, but I just don't know what to upgrade tho, upgrading to ryzen is way more expesive, but I don't know any good FCLGA115/LGA1151 mobo or cpu.

2 minutes ago, Vod said:

Yeah, but I just don't know what to upgrade tho, upgrading to ryzen is way more expesive, but I don't know any good FCLGA115/LGA1151 mobo or cpu.

not really, if you're upgrading to Ryzen or Intel you need a brand new MOBO, DDR4 RAM and maybe a new PSU

So it really depends usually Ryzen is generally more budget friendly hell you can get a Ryzen 3 1200. 

and trying to upgrade to a previous generation intel CPU is generally more expensive because lack of parts so moving onto AM4+ or Intel 1151 is better.

1 minute ago, Ramamataz said:

not really, if you're upgrading to Ryzen or Intel you need a brand new MOBO, DDR4 RAM and maybe a new PSU

So it really depends usually Ryzen is generally more budget friendly hell you can get a Ryzen 3 1200. 

Idk, I'm not that good with PCs...

I guess I'll upgrade to ryzen than...

One quick question, is buying used worth it?

Cuz I can't afford buying new :/

Just now, Vod said:

Idk, I'm not that good with PCs...

I guess I'll upgrade to ryzen than...

One quick question, is buying used worth it?

Cuz I can't afford buying new :/

Gotta save money bud but sure buying used is worth it just look at descriptions and such and dont purchase if its broken. 

If yo cant afford parts gotta save money unfortunately. 

Just now, Ramamataz said:

Gotta save money bud but sure buying used is worth it just look at descriptions and such and dont purchase if its broken. 

If yo cant afford parts gotta save money unfortunately. 

Ok.

Thanks for the help tho :D