Ask a question

Hi guys

I wanna ask sometHing.... 

U know all phone using sd card right?

Is it possible to change that sd card with a laptop....

So i just need to plug in while the phone is off ... And voila .... I have memory external (laptop).... :P

So is there a way to do that?

Thanks

Does your laptop have a SD card slot? You will need a microSD to SD card adaptor.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

I have sd card slot... But what i mean is... I don' need to buy a sd card.... Instead... I'll using the laptop... So anything that i download... It'll go straight to laptop... And whenever i want to use it.... I can take/use it....

For example... I Download game vainglory.... Obb file in laptop but i can play it on the as long as it still connected between the phone n laptop (no obb file on the phone)....

are you meaning to use your phone as an external drive?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

6 minutes ago, Vratsuka said:

Hi guys

I wanna ask sometHing.... 

U know all phone using sd card right?

Is it possible to change that sd card with a laptop....

So i just need to plug in while the phone is off ... And voila .... I have memory external (laptop).... :P

Thanks

I think you mean you want to use your laptop as an SD card??

Or you want to use your SD card IN your laptop?

The latter is possible, if your laptop is equipped with an SD Card reader it can take Micro-SD cards from phones if you have the right adaptor, some M-SD cards come with this adaptor .. some don't.

If you want to use your laptop as an SD Card .. I'm not sure why anyone in the right mind would do that lol

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

3 minutes ago, Sfekke said:

I think you mean you want to use your laptop as an SD card??

Or you want to use your SD card IN your laptop?

The latter is possible, if your laptop is equipped with an SD Card reader it can take Micro-SD cards from phones if you have the right adaptor, some M-SD cards come with this adaptor .. some don't.

If you want to use your laptop as an SD Card .. I'm not sure why anyone in the right mind would do that lol

Well yup that what i mean... Using my laptop as sd card

So it still possible huh...

Well the idea is.... Reduce spending money for a small memory .... Cuz Laptop have more memory xD so strike 2 bird with 1 stone xD

1 minute ago, Vratsuka said:

I have sd card slot... But what i mean is... I don' need to buy a sd card.... Instead... I'll using the laptop... So anything that i download... It'll go straight to laptop... And whenever i want to use it.... I can take/use it....

For example... I Download game vainglory.... Obb file in laptop but i can play it on the as long as it still connected between the phone n laptop (no obb file on the phone)....

Ehh it is possible to create a connection between phone and laptop, but running an application like that is just not going to be easy or feasible for most!

There is probably a way to do it, but you'll have to make the path to that yourself.

Remember Obb files are supposed to be in one directory where the game will look for it, you cannot easily change where it looks for the Obb file + the Windows filesystem might prevent it to read properly.

My advise, either start fiddling around and trying things.

Or buy an inexpensive 8GB-16GB Micro-SD card and forget this, unless you want to learn this probably isn't worth doing.

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

1 minute ago, Sfekke said:

Ehh it is possible to create a connection between phone and laptop, but running an application like that is just not going to be easy or feasible for most!

There is probably a way to do it, but you'll have to make the path to that yourself.

Remember Obb files are supposed to be in one directory where the game will look for it, you cannot easily change where it looks for the Obb file + the Windows filesystem might prevent it to read properly.

My advise, either start fiddling around and trying things.

Or buy an inexpensive 8GB-16GB Micro-SD card and forget this, unless you want to learn this probably isn't worth doing.

Well ok....

It just a crazy idea anyway.... But i can spend less if possible xD

2 minutes ago, Vratsuka said:

Well ok....

It just a crazy idea anyway.... But i can spend less if possible xD

Well if you have a lot of spare time you could do a lot of research and get this done :)

Nothing is impossible, it just won't be easy ;)

I might actually try this myself because it sounds interesting on paper, although it won't be something easy to replicate as far as I'm concerned.

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

39 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

Get a USB OTG cable and a 2.5" hard drive, with a USB to SATA cable and voila. Storage.

While that'd work .. really well OP just wants to save a buck.

This'd be more expensive then a Micro-SD card, and less convenient.

who ya gonna call?

*Terrible joke I know*

for the few bucks that a microSD card costs, after all the trouble you'd have to go through to make your laptop replace it, probably including buying some kind of bizarre SD-card replacement cable, you'll probably regret the attempt and wish you'd just bought the SD card in the first place.

i mean, imagine trying to game on your phone with it literally chained to your laptop (via some cable or other)... and then if you leave your laptop behind, you'll have no access to any of the phone data on it until you get it back.

14 hours ago, Vratsuka said:

Well yup that what i mean... Using my laptop as sd card

So it still possible huh...

Well the idea is.... Reduce spending money for a small memory .... Cuz Laptop have more memory xD so strike 2 bird with 1 stone xD

I would advice against it. Just try moving files between phone and laptop and you understand why. Could be Samsung thing, but I can only have single file/folder moving at the time. With USB stick, external drive or direct SD card you can have as many as you like. 2nd is protection. By default (Android) phones require you to accept connection everytime. With my S5 it also means that screen must be unlocked or longer transfers will fail. You can make this change permanent, but that will risk both laptop and phone to hijacking and virus infection.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv