Euro Truck Simulator 2- Game Disappears At Certain Resolutions?

N00B_person

Fellow Hypernerds,

I Recently recieved a disk copy of ETS2 and have since been unable to play it.

As soon as I change the game to my native resolution (1768x992), the game is still running, and I can hear in-game sounds, but IT just shows me my desktop instead.

Why does this happen, and is there a fix?

LOOK AT MY TUBE, MY TUBE IS AMAZING. DONT LICK IT IT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE ANYTHING. IT DOESN'T HAVE A MANE OR PENIS EITHER. SHUT UP.

Son, that's one weird display you have there.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Son, that's one weird display you have there.

I'm aware. My Tv I use as a laptop needs a-changing.

LOOK AT MY TUBE, MY TUBE IS AMAZING. DONT LICK IT IT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE ANYTHING. IT DOESN'T HAVE A MANE OR PENIS EITHER. SHUT UP.

I don't have any experience with this game, so I don't know if I can help you.

Do you have it installed trough steam (activated disk trough steam)? If so, you could do the 'verify in game files' thing. Another thing you could try is to just reinstall the game.

I also searched the problem and it seems to occur if your in-game resolution is set higher than what you use for windows (do you use native resolution for windows?) or if you have the windows text size other than 100%

(Source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/227300/discussions/0/828934424098602791/)

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

It probably doesn't natively support that res because it's weird man so i'd try a different resolution. or find a monitor with a "normal" resolution.

My build: Cpu: (AMD Ryzen 7 1700) Heatsink: (Deepcool Captain 240 rgb) GPU: (Zotac AMP! GTX 1060 6gb) Ram: (Corsair LPX 8Gb DDR4 2400) Mobo: ( Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K&) Case: (NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal) PSU: (Lepa B550 550w) OS:  (Windows 10

I don't have any experience with this game, so I don't know if I can help you.

Do you have it installed trough steam (activated disk trough steam)? If so, you could do the 'verify in game files' thing. Another thing you could try is to just reinstall the game.

I also searched the problem and it seems to occur if your in-game resolution is set higher than what you use for windows (do you use native resolution for windows?) or if you have the windows text size other than 100%

(Source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/227300/discussions/0/828934424098602791/)

My windows res is my native. I activated it through the game when it asked for my key-code.

It probably doesn't natively support that res because it's weird man so i'd try a different resolution. or find a monitor with a "normal" resolution.

I tried with a different res on the same setup. same problem.

I tried with a different res on the same setup. same problem.

have you tried windowed mode?

My build: Cpu: (AMD Ryzen 7 1700) Heatsink: (Deepcool Captain 240 rgb) GPU: (Zotac AMP! GTX 1060 6gb) Ram: (Corsair LPX 8Gb DDR4 2400) Mobo: ( Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K&) Case: (NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal) PSU: (Lepa B550 550w) OS:  (Windows 10

My windows res is my native. I activated it through the game when it asked for my key-code.

Look if your text is the normal 100%, otherwise you could try windowed mode like QcDExtreme said or verify the in-game files.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

I'll be back with results.

Look if your text is the normal 100%, otherwise you could try windowed mode like QcDExtreme said or verify the in-game files.

have you tried windowed mode?

Wonderful. Changed to 100% text and windowed it, problem solved. Thanks for the help!

BUT WAIT A MINUTE! I have a new problem >:( 

The w key that I used to accelerate only takes effect every time I let go of it. I press it down, nothing, let go of it, engine throttles for a helf second then it gives up.

BUT WAIT A MINUTE! I have a new problem > :(

The w key that I used to accelerate only takes effect every time I let go of it. I press it down, nothing, let go of it, engine throttles for a helf second then it gives up.

Check if all your in-game settings are right, maybe also check the delay time / repeat rate of your keyboard if you can change that.