Translating Windows 10

EPPHO

Hello everyone, I would like to know some tricks about translating Windows. I have downloaded a language pack and majority of my OS is translated but still there are some cases where it shows the original language. For example I just tried to run my c++ .exe file and the error it gives me is in original language that my laptop had which I have hard time understanding. Is it even possible to translate the whole OS?

Put a proper OS install on it in your own language.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

11 minutes ago, userzero said:

Put a proper OS install on it in your own language.

Can the license be saved?

6 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

Can the license be saved?

License isn't language specific anymore since Windows 8.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

To add: If the error message is from the program itself, Windows won't translate it. It is the problem job to handle the translation.This is why each program has only English, or a few set of languages, or a long list of ones. Each developer spend time and money getting their software translated... usually on the demographic that they see will be most popular or the most asked (good translators aren't cheap). Of course, open source projects is different story, as this is all volunteering work, usually it is dev that knows another language beside English who translate a program.

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

To add: If the error message is from the program itself, Windows won't translate it. It is the problem job to handle the translation.This is why each program has only English, or a few set of languages, or a long list of ones. Each developer spend time and money getting their software translated... usually on the demographic that they see will be most popular or the most asked (good translators aren't cheap). Of course, open source projects is different story, as this is all volunteering work, usually it is dev that knows another language beside English who translate a program.

Error said that some dll files were missing and I figured it out.

My laptop was bought in Germany and it had Windows with German language, after I installed English language pack there are still some places where it'll display German which annoys me, seems like I'll have to clean install it and problem solved.