Fans spin for a split second, No Boot

Yesterday I started my very first self built computer. Initially with great success. I tested it all outside the case, and it worked fine. I mounted everything in the case, and there is no boot. Took everything back out, tried again, to see if I broke something in the process. After a long time of reseating, and trying different PSUs, it booted outside the case again. Put it back in, to no avail. When I press the power button, the fans clearly get power for a split second, before being shut off again. I did put it in the case once, without the PSU mounted, just had it sat on the front, and it worked. But when the PSU is in the basement, it wont boot. My specs are:

• Ryzen 5 1600 Processor
  • ASRock AB350M-HDV Motherboard
  • R9 380 STRIX
  • 2x8GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3000MHz
  • VS550 / CX750M PSU
  • 2 x 1TB Seagate Hard drives
  • 1 x 240GB Crucial BX200 SSD
  • Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB

I have tried:

• Clearing CMOS, multiple times
  • Reseating GPU, multiple times
  • Reseating RAM, multiple times
  • 2 Different PSUs
  • Reseating 4pin ATX CPU Power and 24pin Motherboard power, multiple times

I believe that My PC is shorting out, but, I can't make sense of where, considering it will boot out of the case, and even boot in the case, just never when the PSU is mounted in the PSU basement. I cant see the motherboard making contact with the case anywhere, and there are no unnecessary standoffs as far as I can see. 

did you use motherboard stands ? when shorted psu should click and turn off the fuse, do you have grounded power outlets? wiggle your psu and case, search for loose screws

Doesn't sound like the board is shorting, but rather the PSU. So with both PSUs the "short" happens, or just with one of the two?

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

8 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

did you use motherboard stands ? when shorted psu should click and turn off the fuse, do you have grounded power outlets? wiggle your psu and case, search for loose screws

Yes, the board is screwed into the standoffs. I believe i do have grounded outlets, although it is plugged into an extension cable. I couldn't find any loose screws.

9 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Doesn't sound like the board is shorting, but rather the PSU. So with both PSUs the "short" happens, or just with one of the two?

It is with both PSUs yeh.

Is the IEC (power) plug clear of the case with PSU mounted?  Check the plastic/rubber casing of the plug for splits made by the case.  Also check the case isn't tucked under the IEC socket on the back of the PSU it maybe touching one of the screws on it.  Long shot, but always a possibility.  Also check BOTH 4+4 CPU power and 20+4 pin Motherboard leads for any tearing/splits.  Maybe a bare wire is touching the case somewhere and when you take the PSU out of the case it's not.

Edited by YouSirAreADudeSir
added

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

5 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Is the IEC (power) plug clear of the case with PSU mounted?  Check the plastic/rubber casing of the plug for splits made by the case.  Also check the case isn't tucked under the IEC socket on the back of the PSU it maybe touching one of the screws on it.  Long shot, but always a possibility.  Also check BOTH 4+4 CPU power and 20+4 pin Motherboard leads for any tearing/splits

The IEC plug is way clear of the Case, and the PSU mounting bracket doesnt come close to it. Just checked my cables, Motherboard cable has no tears or anything. The 4pin CPU power has some slight warping on the yellow lines, but there is no exposed cable. And the 4pin is coming off a splitter from an 8 pin, and neither boot the PC

Something else I have observed, is that when there is no CPU power, all fans spin, until i turn it back off. Idk if this is worth mentioning. But it is something I noticed.

3 minutes ago, KallumJ said:

Something else I have observed, is that when there is no CPU power, all fans spin, until i turn it back off. Idk if this is worth mentioning. But it is something I noticed.

then the problem is in the CPU lead somewhere.  Are you using custom cables or extensions at all?  Are you 100% sure you are using an EPS lead for that PSU and not an 8 pin PCIe?

Edit:

Do you have the EPS lead plugged in at the right ends? PSU end to PSU end and such?

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

3 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

then the problem is in the CPU lead somewhere.  Are you using custom cables or extensions at all?  Are you 100% sure you are using an EPS lead for that PSU and not an 8 pin PCIe?

Edit:

Do you have the EPS lead plugged in at the right ends? PSU end to PSU end and such?

The plug the splitter is plugged into says CPU on it. The VS550 thats in there now is non modular, and the CX750M is semi modular, and the CPU power isn't removeable on the other end. 

What splitter? Maybe it's not plugged into the EPS socket the right way round then?

What splitter? Maybe it's not plugged into the EPS socket the right way round then?

The EPS Connector has a square pin so it can only be inserted one way. And i didnt change the splitters orientation at any point, when it booted outside, or inside the case.

If it's trying to turn on without the EPS plugged in, in the case. and turning on outside the case with the EPS plugged in then you have a short under the motherboard on the EPS power is my best guesstimation.  Another possibilty is a short behind the CPU socket.  Check the mounting of your cooling.  Are you using any silicone pads that may have came with the mounting for it?

If it's trying to turn on without the EPS plugged in, in the case. and turning on outside the case with the EPS plugged in then you have a short under the motherboard on the EPS power is my best guesstimation.  Another possibilty is a short behind the CPU socket.  Check the mounting of your cooling.  Are you using any silicone pads that may have came with the mounting for it?

I cant see the motherboard making contact anywhere near the EPS connector. My cooler came pre mounted, and the backplate, looks all metal, I cant see any silicone pads. My Cooler is the Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4

Then i'm stumped i'm afraid.  Does it work outside the case still?  May be a dodgy CPU

1 minute ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Then i'm stumped i'm afraid 

So am I. Just doesn't make much sense to me. Thanks anyways

1 minute ago, KallumJ said:

So am I. Just doesn't make much sense to me. Thanks anyways

How long are you leaving it turned on with the EPS connected.  What motherboard do you have?  Might just be cycling through some checks and you're turning it off too soon

1 minute ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

How long are you leaving it turned on with the EPS connected.  What motherboard do you have?  Might just be cycling through some checks and you're turning it off too soon

Im not giving it much time at all. But it never needed any time when out of the case. Ill just turn it on now and give it ages. Im using the ASRock AB350M-HDV

12 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Its been on for 10 minutes, with no change

1 minute ago, KallumJ said:

Its been on for 10 minutes, with no change

Sorry buddy.  I'm at a loss

2 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Sorry buddy.  I'm at a loss

Thanks for your time anyway. Its much appreciated