Deciding on what to learn about Web!

Hey guys.
So... im in a bit of a pickle so to say. I work in a big brand computer company in the Balkan's and safe to say i have had enough of working with people (the MOST draining job anyone can work is with people), and now im seriously thinking of going into web development. I have fiddled around with HTML and CSS and i have found that its fun for me. Im giving a final push to go through one more year of working with people so i can get together enough money to go to a one year university in my country that specializes in coding, graphics design, web and so on to change my profession (they have a great program and i know people that have been involved in the academy that now have high paying jobs ). Now im thinking about web design vs development... I enjoy designing web designs and writing the starting code for it, and hence my question. Is it better to go into what i enjoy or go into development which ive heard is a lot harder but pays better... Any vet's with experience wanna weigh in ? :)

I am a full stack developer but my design is horrendous, we have two front end developers that work mostly on design, where I mostly work in the functionality side, creating http services to interact with apis and so on.

Personally I would say go for what you love, I've found that doing tasks you don't enjoy that much is a big drain and doing those tasks as your everyday job sounds like a nightmare.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

2 hours ago, FX-7700K said:

Hey guys.
So... im in a bit of a pickle so to say. I work in a big brand computer company in the Balkan's and safe to say i have had enough of working with people (the MOST draining job anyone can work is with people), and now im seriously thinking of going into web development. I have fiddled around with HTML and CSS and i have found that its fun for me. Im giving a final push to go through one more year of working with people so i can get together enough money to go to a one year university in my country that specializes in coding, graphics design, web and so on to change my profession (they have a great program and i know people that have been involved in the academy that now have high paying jobs ). Now im thinking about web design vs development... I enjoy designing web designs and writing the starting code for it, and hence my question. Is it better to go into what i enjoy or go into development which ive heard is a lot harder but pays better... Any vet's with experience wanna weigh in ? :)

Koja je to kompanija (ako se smije znati)?

7 hours ago, MyName13 said:

Koja je to kompanija (ako se smije znati)?

Id like it to remain anonymous :)

10 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

I am a full stack developer but my design is horrendous, we have two front end developers that work mostly on design, where I mostly work in the functionality side, creating http services to interact with apis and so on.

Personally I would say go for what you love, I've found that doing tasks you don't enjoy that much is a big drain and doing those tasks as your everyday job sounds like a nightmare.

Tnx on the advice :D

I work as PHP developer- well , recently started ( in Laravel , but of course i do CSS , HTML,SQL and javascript too ) and i dont have any technical education - i only finished high school and learned everything myself - which is a great way to go for me. Learn what you are interested in and apply for those jobs, i can assure you that as there are free positions for developers to work in PHP there are positions for frontend developers and so on.