Second Monitor Advise

shadow197
Go to solution Solved by Slottr,

No youll be okay. My main monitor is 100hz and my second is 60 - no issues.

Hi,

I am looking into buying a second monitor for my setup, this one to be precise: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0158L13M4/?tag=pcp0f-21 

Now because it is a 75HZ monitor it would become my main monitor, but my other monitor is only a 60HZ.

Will there be any issues if I buy this monitor or should i just stick with buying another 60HZ monitor?

No youll be okay. My main monitor is 100hz and my second is 60 - no issues.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

@Slottr Wow simple and straight to the point I like it. one last question whilst i'm here then. Even though its 2018 and PC technology is great and efficient. Whilst using a dual monitor setup will I see any major performance decrease or would it be unnoticeable. as the main monitor would be the game and second i might have youtube or twitch on for background noise

9 minutes ago, shadow197 said:

@Slottr Wow simple and straight to the point I like it. one last question whilst i'm here then. Even though its 2018 and PC technology is great and efficient. Whilst using a dual monitor setup will I see any major performance decrease or would it be unnoticeable. as the main monitor would be the game and second i might have youtube or twitch on for background noise

If you have twitch open it will use some of the CPU, but it depends on which CPU you have to know if it will impact your performance.

Just having the display on and using it to browse the web should be completely fine and only use minuscule amounts of your GPU (video decode) and CPU.

Playing videos use a bit more of both though, keep that in mind. But if you have a decent CPU and GPU you won't notice it at all.

EDIT: basically unnoticeable

Please quote me or @ me in your response so I get a notification.                                                                       I really really really really like small text.

Occupation: Gamer | Hours: 24/7 Full-Time | Hourly Pay: 0 | Benefits: Chick Magnet

FINISHED BUILD - VIEW PROFILE

If you say I'm not always right, but I am, I will say I am right. 

rekt

3 minutes ago, MrShinny said:

If you have twitch open it will use some of the CPU, but it depends on which CPU you have to know if it will impact your performance.

Just having the display on and using it to browse the web should be completely fine and only use minuscule amounts of your GPU (video decode) and CPU.

Playing videos use a bit more of both though, keep that in mind. But if you have a decent CPU and GPU you won't notice it at all.

EDIT: basically unnoticeable

Ok thanks, my CPU is a 15-7500 and currently i have a 1050ti which i am planning on upgrading soon anyway

2 minutes ago, shadow197 said:

Ok thanks, my CPU is a 15-7500 and currently i have a 1050ti which i am planning on upgrading soon anyway

Yeah you won't notice anything major. Don't worry about it.

Please quote me or @ me in your response so I get a notification.                                                                       I really really really really like small text.

Occupation: Gamer | Hours: 24/7 Full-Time | Hourly Pay: 0 | Benefits: Chick Magnet

FINISHED BUILD - VIEW PROFILE

If you say I'm not always right, but I am, I will say I am right. 

rekt