Is my Rig still good for 2018?

Go to solution Solved by light-v,

RoTR will run okay at medium maybe medium/high

All Assassin's Creed before Unity will run great, from Unity and after you'll have to dial back a bit, Origins might not run well  at all though

Battlefield 1 will run fine on medium, maybe you could try to put some settings to high but medium is still decent but you might see some drops in crowded places in multiplayer

Crysis 3 should run well on medium/high

CoDWWII should run fine on high

To be fair your system is still decent and you might another year or two out of it

Hi,

I am wondering if my current rig can run AAA games from 2016 to 2017. 

CPU: Core i3 4170 

GPU: Asus GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 Directcu ii oc 

MOBO: Asus H81M-K

RAM: 6 Gigs Dual channel 

games id like to play

rise of the tomb raider

assassins creed (what titles are good for this)

Battlefield 1 

crysis 3

COD WWii

what other games can I play with this without problems? 

Thanks

Can you play them? Most likely.

Can you play them at high settings or high resolutions? No.

You're running a budget CPU and an older midrange card. Anything modern will need the settings turned down a lot to be smooth and playable. Some very resource-intensive games may or may not run smoothly at all. For example, modern Total War games will probably bring that CPU to its knees pretty quick.

It all depends on what you want to play, and how low you're willing to turn the graphics down.

RoTR will run okay at medium maybe medium/high

All Assassin's Creed before Unity will run great, from Unity and after you'll have to dial back a bit, Origins might not run well  at all though

Battlefield 1 will run fine on medium, maybe you could try to put some settings to high but medium is still decent but you might see some drops in crowded places in multiplayer

Crysis 3 should run well on medium/high

CoDWWII should run fine on high

To be fair your system is still decent and you might another year or two out of it

I had a pc with almost the same specs, but a 750ti and 8gb of ram. Rise of the tomb raider should be ok. I played battlefront on the pc with about 40 fps so battlefield 1 should have roughly the same fps. other games I could run, GTA v, Fallout 4, Fallout 3 and Skyrim with a lot of mods. 

Thanks guys I am planning to upgrade this to an i5 4570 and 8 Gigs of ram. Prices here are extremely high especially with GPUs.

23 minutes ago, Fullmental said:

Can you play them? Most likely.

Can you play them at high settings or high resolutions? No.

You're running a budget CPU and an older midrange card. Anything modern will need the settings turned down a lot to be smooth and playable. Some very resource-intensive games may or may not run smoothly at all. For example, modern Total War games will probably bring that CPU to its knees pretty quick.

It all depends on what you want to play, and how low you're willing to turn the graphics down.

I dont really mind low graphics. I would not play them at 1080 as well 720 is good for my eyes.