Rate my first build.

Mr.Br1an.1204

I am not a veteran by any means but I think your build is not too bad.

But here are some constructive feedbacks.

1) I really don't like your fans, form 120mm fans, you must stick to noctua or be quiet silent wings 3

2) you ram sux, you shoulda picked a rams that can push for 3000+ for 8600k

3) I still think you should have gone for 8700k despite the higher cost since games now use more threads these days.

4) I do not like the location of your cooler. Most AIO do not functionas well if they are situated in vertical orientaition. The pump needs to work against gravity. In my own experience, it is better if you situate them at the top.

All in all, it's a balanced build. I like the pairing of the GPU/CPU. (I actually do not like your case because of the restricted front air intake, lol...although the tempered glass does look cool) It has a nice postive air pressure though. Good job mate!

CPU: 8600k @4.9  (1.39v) |  Cooler: NH-U14s | Mobo: Asus Strix z390i | Ram: Gskill DDR4 Trident Z 3600 8GB x 2 16-16-16-36

GPU: Gigabyte G1 1080 GTX | Case: Prodigy ITX | Fans: NH-A14, (exhaust) NH-A12, (intake) NH-A20 (intake)

Samsung EVO 1tb | Samsung EVO 512gb x2 | Intel ssd 128gb

PSU: Powerstation 500W

1 minute ago, Srnewbee said:

I am not a veteran by any means but I think your build is not too bad.

But here are some constructive feedbacks.

1) I really don't like your fans, form 120mm fans, you must stick to noctua or be quiet silent wings 3

2) you ram sux, you shoulda picked a rams that can push for 3000+ for 8600k

3) I still think you should have gone for 8700k despite the higher cost since games now use more threads these days.

4) I do not like the location of your cooler. Most AIO do not functionas well if they are situated in vertical orientaition. The pump needs to work against gravity. In my own experience, it is better if you situate them at the top.

All in all, it's a balanced build. I like the pairing of the GPU/CPU. (I actually do not like your case because of the restricted front air intake, lol...although the tempered glass does look cool) It has a nice postive air pressure though. Good job mate!

Thanks! you know about the rad, my friend insisted to move it there just today. it was on the top 2 days ago. I would have liked the 8700k and better ram but I was still on a budget. altho those fans really push air thru the small vents the case has all while not being too loud... perhaps Noctua will make some RGB fans, But a guy can dream.

5 minutes ago, Mr.Br1an.1204 said:

my friend insisted to move it there just today

I am sure that your friend thought that the rad would benefit from the extra air flow from the three intakes but he forgot that the water pump speed is more important than the fans. Theoretically, he is right. It should be situated in a vertical position to benefit from the extra fans. However, in real life, its better to be situated at the top cuz of the crappy pumps. Water flow plays a much bigger factor as opposed to fans in cooling your CPU. I am sure you can hear the pumps making louder noises in a vertical positon.

CPU: 8600k @4.9  (1.39v) |  Cooler: NH-U14s | Mobo: Asus Strix z390i | Ram: Gskill DDR4 Trident Z 3600 8GB x 2 16-16-16-36

GPU: Gigabyte G1 1080 GTX | Case: Prodigy ITX | Fans: NH-A14, (exhaust) NH-A12, (intake) NH-A20 (intake)

Samsung EVO 1tb | Samsung EVO 512gb x2 | Intel ssd 128gb

PSU: Powerstation 500W

16 minutes ago, Srnewbee said:

I am sure that your friend thought that the rad would benefit from the extra air flow from the three intakes but he forgot that the water pump speed is more important than the fans. Theoretically, he is right. It should be situated in a vertical position to benefit from the extra fans. However, in real life, its better to be situated at the top cuz of the crappy pumps. Water flow plays a much bigger factor as opposed to fans in cooling your CPU. I am sure you can hear the pumps making louder noises in a vertical positon.

thanks. im gonna move it during my next maintenance.