$125 for a 144hz monitor worth it?

Indominus-Rex

So recently Acer put up a post on Facebook regarding their flash sale and a particular 144hz monitor is going for only $125, so I've been thinking whether or not I should pick it up since I'll be building a PC pretty soon.

Link? Hard to tell from just the price and refresh rate.

Hi, Todd Howard here. Have you considered buying Skyrim for the Nintendo Switch?

If it's the Acer GN246HL, I would say it's actually pretty good, been using mines for over 2 years.

20 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I'm sure its the same one I have, they always go on sale...

Its not bad actually, just suffers from response time "enhancements" that you can't turn off.

2 minutes ago, londen said:

Link? Hard to tell from just the price and refresh rate.

It's the Acer ED242QR. Looked pretty enticing to me because of the curvature and the VA panel which most 144hz monitors in this price range don't have.

1 minute ago, Indominus-Rex said:

It's the Acer ED242QR. Looked pretty enticing to me because of the curvature and the VA panel which most 144hz monitors in this price range don't have.

That's not a bad price for it, has 4ms response and AMD Freesync.

2 minutes ago, Indominus-Rex said:

Definitely an enticing monitor for the price, though a 4ms response time might be a bit off putting to somebody who plays a lot of fast paced hair trigger requiring games. Aside from that it looks good, maybe check the reviews and note that it's designed with AMD free sync, not Nvidia's alternative.

Hi, Todd Howard here. Have you considered buying Skyrim for the Nintendo Switch?

11 minutes ago, londen said:

Definitely an enticing monitor for the price, though a 4ms response time might be a bit off putting to somebody who plays a lot of fast paced hair trigger requiring games. Aside from that it looks good, maybe check the reviews and note that it's designed with AMD free sync, not Nvidia's alternative.

Is there a noticeable difference between 1ms and 4ms?

20 minutes ago, Indominus-Rex said:

Is there a noticeable difference between 1ms and 4ms?

Eeeh... some people might try to tell you otherwise, but no. Clicking 3 milliseconds later should not have any effect on game play.