Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm for PC and PS4

Zyre

Greetings,

I have plans on buying the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm, which I want to use for my PC and PS4.

My setup right now is that I have the Logitech Z323 plugged into the Audio jack on my MG279Q. I then have my PC plugged into HDMI1 with my 1080Ti. 

In HDMI 2 I have my PS4 plugged in. What this all allows me to do, is to get audio into my speakers from both devices. 

But I don't know how I can do this if I buy those headphones. I also need something like a DAC, so it can power them(?)

Can someone assist me?

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

What you gonna need is an in-line amp (or an amp/dac) that is able to take 3.5mm input, and output to two 3.5mm ports.

The amp or amp/dac will have to be rated to drive high impedance headsets. It will either have it listed in its marketing/specs or proven by user reviews.

If you get an amp/dac, the dac function will not be used at all, because its gonna take analog 3.5mm right from your monitor's port.

This is an example that has the features and only the ports you will need

It will drive up to 600 Ohm headphones, and can function as an amp with 3.5mm input.

Has two 3.5mm output which will get the same sound. Has a built-in battery.

But if you attach it to the monitor, might as well have it permanently plugged in to USB power.

Standard charging and 3.5mm male/male cable included.

Had one a long time ago. I remember the red colored cables being thick, stiff and rubbery.

If you do get it, I recommend buying your own microUSB and short 3.5mm male/male cable.

If i'm not mistaken those speakers have a headhone port on the right side of the right speaker.

the audio wil be power by the speaker but will be outputted to your headphones.

so further amplification shouldn't be needed because the speaker set does it.

Positive Mental Additude!

Just another Tired IT guy...

I have those exact headphones, in fact I'm wearing them as I'm typing this! I just plug them into my computer's headphone jack and it works absolutely fine. No DAC used. 

I know it sounds stupid but it works.

Hope this helped.

3 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Ah. If the speaker's port can drive your 250 Ohm headset, then you should be all good.

Before you ask, Logitech does not appear to list the max impedance for the integrated headphone port. I have never used a Logitech Z323 myself. I have never worked for Logitech or in a profession/business that is related to the design, engineering, manufacture, or distribution of Logitech/audio/peripheral/home appliance products.

i have used the same speaker set with a Sennheiser HD8 DJ that is a 300Ohm headphone.

that can be driven by an Iphone. so that should be a problem.

But a Dac does take away the uncertainties.

Positive Mental Additude!

Just another Tired IT guy...

I see you people mentioning motherboard, but I don't use my PC for audio. Everything goes with HDMI into my monitor. My speakers are then connected to the monitor audio port. 

I do have a gaming headset, the Cloud 2. It's the usb version, which I do have plugged into my PC. I can then switch to it with the Windows settings.