Should I get a better cooler for my 7700K?

Hi.

I have a Corsair H80i V2 for my delidded 7700K at 5 GHz. This cooler has been enough for that but I think it is time for me to replace it.

It's really hot here where I live and I have this cooler for a year and a half now and was always thinking, from the beginning, if a better cooler would make a big difference.

So, what's the best cooler I can get for my CPU (price is not an issue) and at which point it will be an overkill? Once again, I live in a hot country so also, should I get a good air cooler or a liquid cooler? does it matter?

Well if you want reliability then go with noctua NH-d15. And if your case isn't good enough then go with a custom loop. Ekwb makes good one. And if you care about the looks NZXT kraken x72 is pretty good too

1 hour ago, adamgasth said:

Well if you want reliability then go with noctua NH-d15. And if your case isn't good enough then go with a custom loop. Ekwb makes good one. And if you care about the looks NZXT kraken x72 is pretty good too

Thanks. What do you say about the EVGA CLC 280?

17 minutes ago, Ilan Yakov said:

Thanks. What do you say about the EVGA CLC 280?

Well its only a dual radiator. So don't expect to outperform some triple or quad radiators