Laptop Recomendation

So, I've looked around the forums for laptop recommendations and I almost feel like I'm repeating what I've read for asking this question, but I'm going to do it anyway. I am looking to buy a laptop sometime soon (August-November) time period, and I was looking for some recommendations. I have been looking at a few laptops that have been recently released or been announced, like the new Zenbook Pro 15, but as soon as I found out it STARTS at 2,300 that was an immediate no. And the LG gram was looking pretty good but it seems a little lacking in power. So here is a list that I would like to see in a laptop. Also, I do not need to get a "Gaming Laptop".

-Price around 1000$ can go up to 1500$ and mabey a small amount more

-something with a more powerful CPU i7700 and up, I don't mind a last gen CPU but would prefer the newer 8th gen. also don't mind AMD but I figured that it would be harder to find a laptop with an AMD CPU in it.

-A dedicated GPU or integrated graphics that are a little beefier, to make this clear I do not plan on gaming on this laptop, this is strictly for CAD and Solidworks tasks or GPU acceleration in video editing.

-Battery should last all day, 4,5,6 hours of use, more is awesome though.

-8gb of ram at the least, would be perfect at 12gb, 16gb, is more than enough, in addition, if it is expandable any amount is fine with me.

-I don't really mind the keyboard or trackpad, RGB and backlighting is not needed

-15inch would be awesome 1080p 60hz is also good, color accuracy doesn't really matter to me, should have decent speakers as well though.

-Ports are really dependent on what the internals are, 1 Thunderbolt 3 is needed if graphics are subpar, 1 USB type A is appreciated, Ethernet and HDMI are cool to have but not needed.

-bezels are not a huge problem but definitely, don't want the huge matte black plastic bezels that come on some laptops, thin-ness is appreciated for a more clean business look that doesn't attract attention, I would prefer a lighter laptop due to the fact that it will be in my backpack and less weight is always awesome.

so, I believe that I've covered every base, this will be used for video/photo editing which I can do on my laptop with an i3-6100u in it so thermals should be decent, also Solidworks and CAD are things that will be done often so a dedicated GPU would be appreciated, or Thunderbolt 3 for an external solution. thank you for all replies to this thread in advance.

3 minutes ago, SocksandSandals6969 said:

lighter laptop

Preferred max weight in kg? Also, what's your usage?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128