Cougar fans for radiator. Thoughts?

I'm planning out my water cooling loop and I'm looking for some 140mm fans to go with a thick 280mm radiator.  The build is orange and black themed so I was looking at using the Cougar CF-V14HP 140mm fans.  I've seen cougar fans used before in radiator setups but I was wondering if any of you had an experience with these while water cooling.  They would look perfect in my system but I don't want to use something that won't give me the pressure I need for the radiator.

post-25-0-23165700-1388271835_thumb.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553016

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

not the best in the world, but they look good and perform decent.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

They're decent fans for a rad.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Using Cougar Turbines (similar fans) for my 120mm radiator and they are not bad imo in terms of static pressure.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

not the best in the world, but they look good and perform decent.

They're decent fans for a rad.

Using Cougar Turbines (similar fans) for my 120mm radiator and they are not bad imo in terms of static pressure.

Good to know.  Pressure was my main concern.  I know people that have used them in other settings and they didn't seem to think they were too loud or anything.  I just wish Corsair would huury up and make SP140s.  The market for static pressure fans is much slimmer in the 140mm arena.

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

Good to know.  Pressure was my main concern.  I know people that have used them in other settings and they didn't seem to think they were too loud or anything.  I just wish Corsair would huury up and make SP140s.  The market for static pressure fans is much slimmer in the 140mm arena.

been this way for years and prolly a little more. phanteks, noctua, NB and alike have

slim options, but trying.

i just can't stand cougar bearings.. vertical mounting is fine, horizontal just eats that sleeve.