Buying a new Monitor (G-Sync & Freesync)

So I'm buying a new monitor and this is my rig. I was wondering if should I get a g-sync or freesync monitor. Can somebody please help me choose the best monitor for me. I'm looking for a curved monitor with 144hz refresh rate and 1080p display or 1440p. Although im not sure if my computer can handle it

specs.png.13502c310fa3d8cd603c5e44012d6a6f.png

I'm not sure if this monitor would be compatible. MSI Optix G27C2 or the 24" variant of this monitor
https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/msi-optix-g27c2-monitor-i159773999-s194512667.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlist.list.5.4fcd4bddwLjFSx&search=1

Can't use the freesync technology with an nvidia gpu. The monitor will still work you just won't be able to make use of freesync. You would need gsync if you want to make use of the variable refresh rate technology. 

4 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Can't use the freesync technology with an nvidia gpu. The monitor will still work you just won't be able to make use of freesync. You would need gsync if you want to make use of the variable refresh rate technology. 

So it's fine if I buy a monitor without g-sync?

FreeSync won't work, and your 970 won't handle 1440p very well.  Unless you plan to change your GPU, then a 1080p G-Sync monitor is the way to go.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

@JoostinOnline can you suggest a good monitor for my setup? I'm having a hard time to look for a G-Sync monitor as all of em are somewhat more expensive and I'm not sure why

14 hours ago, Reicarlow said:

@JoostinOnline can you suggest a good monitor for my setup? I'm having a hard time to look for a G-Sync monitor as all of em are somewhat more expensive and I'm not sure why

G-Sync monitors have additional hardware in them to handle managing the refresh rate, where as FreeSync is all handled by the GPU.  That's why G-Sync monitors cost so much more.

What's your budget?

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

@JoostinOnline well I also plan to upgrade my gpu, with my setup do I have to change anything else if I want to upgrade to an 1080ti? If nothing else, i plan to buy a 1080ti and a monitor that would best fit 144hz, curved, 24"-32". Budget is flexible

5 minutes ago, Reicarlow said:

@JoostinOnline well I also plan to upgrade my gpu, with my setup do I have to change anything else if I want to upgrade to an 1080ti? If nothing else, i plan to buy a 1080ti and a monitor that would best fit 144hz, curved, 24"-32". Budget is flexible

This would probably be what you're looking for.  You want to upgrade the GPU first though.  If you're getting a 1080 Ti, then you'll want 1440p.  I can't recommend a curved display as I find them rather gimicky.