my pc build is acting funny and stuttering a lot

Scuff
Go to solution Solved by Spotty,

Install HWInfo64 and check the temperatures on your CPU.

5 minutes ago, JohnDongus said:

Is your ram set to the correct speed,also what graphics card.

It's a 2400G so it's possible there isn't a dedicated graphics card. Having the RAM run at the default 2133MHz won't cause noticeable stutters/hangson the desktop, but is otherwise good advice in general.

so i finished my new pc build and installed the free windows 10, and the whole thing is a mess! When opening the home menu in windows 10 it stutters, notifications are slow, and the simplest games can't even run that good. Not even minecraft can run well. I installed the latest bios update to my mother board thinking it would fix everything but it didn't. Can someone tell me what is wrong. I built the pc perfectly fine.

parts list:

msi b350 tomahawk

ryzen 5 2400g

toshiba 1tb 7200rpm hard drive

inland professional 240gb ssd

patriot memory viper 4 series 3000mhz 8gb dual channel ddr4 ram

corsair cx650m 650watt psu

arctic freezer 33 esports edition

nzxt s340 pc case

asus ac55bt wifi card

CPU:R9 3900x@4.5Ghz RAM:Vengeance Pro LPX @ 3200mhz MOBO:MSI Tomohawk B350 GPU:PNY GTX 1080 XLR8

DRIVES:500GB Samsung 970 Pro + Patriot Blast 480GB x2 + 12tb RAID10 NAS

MONITORS:Pixio PX329 32inch 1440p 165hz, LG 34UM68-p 1080p 75hz

Install HWInfo64 and check the temperatures on your CPU.

5 minutes ago, JohnDongus said:

It's a 2400G so it's possible there isn't a dedicated graphics card. Having the RAM run at the default 2133MHz won't cause noticeable stutters/hangson the desktop, but is otherwise good advice in general.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

no dedicated gpu by the way

When ur ssd overheats ???

27 minutes ago, Pio Soesetio said:

Are the temps of

cpu, hdd, ssd completely normal?

1 hour ago, Scuff said:

Can someone tell me what is wrong. I built the pc perfectly fine.

First check temperatures, then check task manager to see if anything is running at 100%, then check to make sure all of your hardware is running at their specified ratings. Chances are you'll find something wrong by here.

After that you can run a disk check and memtest diagnostic. Let us know how it goes.

3 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

When ur ssd overheats ???

SSDs can overheat, especially M.2 NVME SSDs during long sustained reads or writes. They run pretty hot and, depending on the drive, when they reach about 70-90°C they will start to throttle down to prevent themselves from overheating. An NVME SSD that is thermal throttling will still be faster than a SATA SSD and many times faster than a HDD, so it's unlikely to be the cause of the problem. It's also no where near as much of an issue with 2.5" SATA SSDs, which is what the OP has.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

could it be that I am using a vga cable from my motherboard