Question About Laptop Fans and Dust

Hey everyone

I just got a new lappy for school. So far the system has been amazing. Really like the new 8750h this thing is insane! :D

This is the first time I've owned a gaming laptop and one of the things I noticed is that it tends to run the fans at around 40%-50% most of the time. This keeps the CPU and PCH at 45-50 degrees. In demanding games the CPU sits at around 80 degrees with 80% fan speed, which is pretty decent.

But I'd like to have lower fan speeds for everyday use. I've tried different fan profiles to keep the fans from ramping up until the CPU hits 60 degrees. The problem this this is that the keyboard gets pretty warm because the fans are idle. I hate having a warm keyboard and I'm worried the heat will shorten the lifespan of the system. With the lower fan speeds, the PCH and CPU are sitting at 55 degrees at idle, which is a bit high. This might be because its summer right now. Room temp is at around 26 degrees.

So my question is, will I get a lot of dust if the fans are at 50% during everyday use? Is it better to have 60 degree idle temps and lower fan speeds or would I be better off keeping the fans at the default profile to keep the temps down? BTW this is an Alienware 15 R4 if that makes a difference.

Those temps won't cause harm in the lifetime of laptop. If it would be constant 80C (like 247), that could be issue, but most components are made to resist heat. I also don't think you notice amount of dust between 20% and 50% fan speeds. Laptop fans are mainly intake, using passive exhausting. So there will be more dust the faster fans spin.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv