H5 Universal and i5-8600k high temps for stock

I just built a new micro-ITX gaming computer with the following specs:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

i5-8600k

H5 Universal air cooler

1x 120mm rear fan pushing air out

1x 120mm top fan pushing air out

2x 120mm front fans pushing air in

I'm getting a max temp of 73 and idle of around mid 30s in STOCK. I'm looking to overclock my CPU up to 4.8 GHz or even 5.0GHz. Is this air cooler not good enough to cool my CPU? If not, would you recommend the EVGA CLC 240mm or Corsair H100i v2? I play at 1440p resolution, by the way.

You would probably need to remove the intel toothpaste to overclock to 5ghz with decent specs.

But the i5 6600 i had also idled at 30C, even at full fan speed with the watercooler, so these temps seem normal.

5 minutes ago, makz3l said:

You just need a case that actually has airflow most likely. I don't see anyway for your PC to breath in that case.

Also would have highly suggest the i7 8700 over the 8600K. Don't forget the elmer's glue TIM on stock coffee lake if you haven't delidded it yet.

Did you mean a Micro-ITX build?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

You just need a case that actually has airflow most likely. I don't see anyway for your PC to breath in that case.

Also would have highly suggest the i7 8700 over the 8600K. Don't forget the elmer's glue TIM on stock coffee lake if you haven't delidded it yet.

Did you mean a Micro-ITX build?

Yes. That's what I meant. Would the Fractal Design Meshify C be a good case for airflow? I don't want to get a full-size computer case. Can you recommend mid-tower cases that don't scream "hardcore gamer"?

5 minutes ago, makz3l said:

Yes. That's what I meant. Would the Fractal Design Meshify C be a good case for airflow? I don't want to get a full-size computer case. Can you recommend mid-tower cases that don't scream "hardcore gamer"?

Gamers Nexus has been doing some ITX reivews.

I'd get the Core 500 though, supports taller air coolers, and 240mm AIOs Or the thermaltake case here is solid.

Or the Q300L, although it's micro ATX and not very compact.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Gamers Nexus has been doing some ITX reivews.

I'd get the Core 500 though, supports taller air coolers, and 240mm AIOs Or the thermaltake case here is solid.

Or the Q300L, although it's micro ATX and not very compact.

Thanks for the suggestions, but don't you think those cases have less airflow since they're smaller? 

21 minutes ago, makz3l said:

Thanks for the suggestions, but don't you think those cases have less airflow since they're smaller? 

Your case is like a sealed off box with no mesh/vents

The silverstone and thermaltake caseshas mesh in front so it can just pull air in and out. Your case is like sealed as far as I can tell, like the larger versions.

Spoiler