After installing new gpu, computer refuses to turn on

pjr8

Hello! This is my first time posting here, and i couldn't find the answer googling, etc. so I thought I'd ask here.

I currently have a AMD RX 480 8gb, and I got a zotac gtx 1060 mini from my friend, and when I tried installing it, the computer would not even start, even though all the power cables, etc. have been set up and putting the 480 back in it starts perfectly. I have a ASUS H110M-A motherboard, I'm not sure if it's a compatibility, or not. If anyone could help, thanks!

It is compatible so there should be no problem. Did you uninstall drivers with ddu when switching cards? If not i recommend that you boot into safe mode and uninstall nvidia drivers with ddu and after that switch the cards.

2 minutes ago, matus177 said:

It is compatible so there should be no problem. Did you uninstall drivers with ddu when switching cards? If not i recommend that you boot into safe mode and uninstall nvidia drivers with ddu and after that switch the cards.

I had uninstalled using the AMD program that removes all traces of drives, but should I instead uninstall the drives with ddu then?

(https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx)

Also, I am changing from AMD to NVidia, not Nvidia to AMD

3 minutes ago, pjr8 said:

I had uninstalled using the AMD program that removes all traces of drives, but should I instead uninstall the drives with ddu then?

(https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx)

Also, I am changing from AMD to NVidia, not Nvidia to AMD

Ye, try it with ddu instead. There could be some leftovers. 

2 minutes ago, ZeouLs said:

What PSU do you have?

500W EVGA® 80 Plus Certified PSU

2 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

Is is 100% working in friend's pc?

Yes, he gave me it as his pc wasn't usable, and i contacted him already and he reassured it wasn't the problem in his

3 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

Try using the dedicated graphics.

Please fill me in on what those are, ty

2 minutes ago, pjr8 said:

Your CPU's own graphics.

hi.

4 minutes ago, pjr8 said:

500W EVGA® 80 Plus Certified PSU

Yes, he gave me it as his pc wasn't usable, and i contacted him already and he reassured it wasn't the problem in his

It is a terrible so called fire-hazard psu btw. But it should still work. Have you tried uninstalling with ddu?

Why was not his pc usable? I hope not because of graphics card.

1 minute ago, matus177 said:

It is a terrible so called fire-hazard psu btw. But it should still work. Have you tried uninstalling with ddu?

Why was not his pc usable? I hope not because of graphics card.

The graphics card wasn’t the problem, although I never asked what the actual problem was

3 minutes ago, pjr8 said:

1 minute ago, AskTJ said:

Your CPU's own graphics.

It is called integrated. Dedicated ones are 1050,1060 etc. 

47 minutes ago, matus177 said:

Ye, try it with ddu instead. There could be some leftovers. 

I just tried it again, and as soon as I put the card in, the pc refuses to turn on. The picture I provided is with the card in there, not screwed in cause I’m testing it, but it just won’t work

image.jpg

3 hours ago, pjr8 said:

I just tried it again, and as soon as I put the card in, the pc refuses to turn on. The picture I provided is with the card in there, not screwed in cause I’m testing it, but it just won’t work

image.jpg

Fans wont even spin or you cant boot into wondows? You should clean your pc. Btw zotac 1060 mini is really shitty card. Probably one of the worst performing 1060s on the market. It is more like sidegrade from your 480. 

EDIT: are u sure u are connecting the right cable form the psu or the right side? They usually have those little clips to prevent them from disconnecting I do not see one on yours.

are you sure that power cable is plugged in the right way round?

it shouldn’t fit in the wrong way round so may be a dumb question but I can’t see the clip.

also try it without the power plugged in. It should boot with a black screen with white text saying ‘ok stupid, you forgot to plug in the power cable’ at least if you see that you know the card is alive

I’ve just checked some pictures on google, thenpower is the wrong way round!

the yellow +12v cables should be on the fan side and the black GND cables should be near he back of the card.

how on earth you managed to fit that in I don’t know.

36 minutes ago, Jay Deah said:

I’ve just checked some pictures on google, thenpower is the wrong way round!

the yellow +12v cables should be on the fan side and the black GND cables should be near he back of the card.

how on earth you managed to fit that in I don’t know.

It works now, I feel really dumb but thanks everyone for the help!