Brand new Corsair RM750x smells a bit like burning pcb

So I just built my second PC today, everything is completely new, but I'm noticing a very slight burning smell from the PSU. Should I be worried about this at all? Or will it go away? Been running the machine for over 5 hours now with 0 issues. I recall the same thing happening to my first computer which had a Senty Xplus 725w, but it's 2 years strong and the smell went away. 

Specs:
Intel Core i5 8400

Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
MSI B360M Mortar
G Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB
Corsair RM750x psu
Corsair Crystal 280x RGB case

i suggest rma or returning it, and immediately shut off the power supply, you dont wanna risk damaging your other components   

How do you know what a PCB smells like? Sniff around and whatever part you see/smell looks bad, take it out and return.

hi.

Welcome to the forums.

New computers will often have a a sort of plasticy smell when they are brand new. It may be more noticeable once the system is running and the components warm up for the first time.

Are you sure it's a burning smell coming from the PSU? Turn it off and put your nose up close to where the PSU is at the rear and see if the smell is coming from the PSU. It would normally be a very distinct and strong smell if it's burning electronics. Should also be relatively easy to track the smell to its source, as it will be a noticeably stronger smell at the source.

Obviously I can't smell what you smell, so use your best judgement and if you're concerned then power down the machine and cease using it.
If you're concerned, give Corsair customer support a phone call and describe the issue to them.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

15 hours ago, Spotty said:

Yeah, I think it might be that. It's not really a strong burning smell, just a warm plastic-y smell, and it's barely noticeable now. 

As you've noticed with your previous Sentey PSU, it's normal and will go away with time.  It's just flux on the PCB that wasn't cleaned off after the wave solder.