RamDisk set up with Minecraft Saves

capawesome9870
Go to solution Solved by X1XNobleX1X,

my question

i have a 2.5" HDD 320GB and it writes very slow.  when i am level 30 in Minecraft i make a bunch of copies of my save (normally 20) and it takes a few minutes to make these copies. this is so i can select a good enchantment. 

what i want to do is re-direct the %appdata%/.minecraft to the ramdisk so these copies are much faster.  and then when i back up the saves to their normal place. 

my system

AMD FX8350, Zalman CNPS 10x Quiet, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2, HD 7870 (@1050), 8GB DDR1333 (2x4GB Dual channel), cheap 2.5" 5200RPM 320GB HDD, Corsair 600w, Zalman Z9 Plus. 

i also have the AMD RamDisk software installed with it set up for a 2.5GB, which is more than enough for my current Minecraft save (currently 91MB) copied 20 times.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/51876-redirecting-saves/

Your welcome. 

my question

i have a 2.5" HDD 320GB and it writes very slow.  when i am level 30 in Minecraft i make a bunch of copies of my save (normally 20) and it takes a few minutes to make these copies. this is so i can select a good enchantment. 

what i want to do is re-direct the %appdata%/.minecraft to the ramdisk so these copies are much faster.  and then when i back up the saves to their normal place. 

my system

AMD FX8350, Zalman CNPS 10x Quiet, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2, HD 7870 (@1050), 8GB DDR1333 (2x4GB Dual channel), cheap 2.5" 5200RPM 320GB HDD, Corsair 600w, Zalman Z9 Plus. 

i also have the AMD RamDisk software installed with it set up for a 2.5GB, which is more than enough for my current Minecraft save (currently 91MB) copied 20 times.

CPU: AMD FX8350 CPU Cooler Zalman CNPS 12x Motherboard Asus M5A99FX Pro R2 GPU RX480 4GB) Memory 16GB DDR1333 SSD: PNY Prevail 120G + Corsair Force LE 120G (Steam) Bulk storage Stable Bit Drive Pool with 5x 2TB 2x 3TB PSU Corsair 600w Case Rosewill Throne

my question

my system

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/51876-redirecting-saves/

Your welcome. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Here's an idea, make a cave spider farm and never worry about getting bad enchants again, it takes literally 1-2 minutes to get to level 50.

thanks, i need to learn more about *.bat files.  i use a set to run 2x copies of Borderlands 2.  my mind was blown then and again now.  thanks

CPU: AMD FX8350 CPU Cooler Zalman CNPS 12x Motherboard Asus M5A99FX Pro R2 GPU RX480 4GB) Memory 16GB DDR1333 SSD: PNY Prevail 120G + Corsair Force LE 120G (Steam) Bulk storage Stable Bit Drive Pool with 5x 2TB 2x 3TB PSU Corsair 600w Case Rosewill Throne

Here's an idea, make a cave spider farm and never worry about getting bad enchants again, it takes literally 1-2 minutes to get to level 50.

i have a pig, cow, chicken farm and it works fairly good.  i breed them until i can not open chests any more then i kill them. that is easily 40+ in a few minutes.  also less hostile targets.  i had a villager that was taking pork and beef until i exhausted all of his trade options.  if it wasn't for him i was have 12 chests of just pork and beef. 

i also mine with a Diamond pickaxe with silk touch, so when i need a quick level up i go and grab various materials (Diamond, Emerald, lapis, redstone, coal) and mine them with a different pickaxe with fortune 3.  i also have a single tower from bedrock to the max build height of 255 for when i need a bunch of coal. 

i have a pig, cow, chicken farm and it works fairly good.  i breed them until i can not open chests any more then i kill them. that is easily 40+ in a few minutes.  also less hostile targets.  i had a villager that was taking pork and beef until i exhausted all of his trade options.  if it wasn't for him i was have 12 chests of just pork and beef. 

i also mine with a Diamond pickaxe with silk touch, so when i need a quick level up i go and grab various materials (Diamond, Emerald, lapis, redstone, coal) and mine them with a different pickaxe with fortune 3.  i also have a single tower from bedrock to the max build height of 255 for when i need a bunch of coal. 

The thing with the cave spider farm is that it has no preparation time. You go there, hit a lever, throw a potion and you're level 30-50'ish. It would literally take longer time to swap out the saves than level up again, plus you wouldn't have to do what some (including me) would consider cheating.