Should I get a new CPU and Motherboard?

At the minute, I have an i7-3770 @ 3.40ghz, GTX 1060 6GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, and ECS H61H2-MV motherboard. It runs games pretty good but not as good as I would want to. I get 50-60+ fps sometimes dropping to 30-45 but not a lot in most recent games. I was wondering if I should upgrade my CPU? To do so, I'd need a new motherboard as well... Or should I get a new motherboard cause I think the one I have is bad?

I know nothing about motherboards so...

Is there a dollar amount you're comfortable spending on new components? 

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

3 minutes ago, nick name said:

Is there a dollar amount you're comfortable spending on new components? 

Around £300 (I know that won't get good enough stuff but)

I would run some tests and see where your bottleneck is. No I would not suggest just replacing the motherboard, if you think the mb is bad then I would just save up for a good recent gen cpu+mb and ddr4 ram since ddr3 don’t be compatible. 

2 minutes ago, Wolther said:

I would run some tests and see where your bottleneck is. No I would not suggest just replacing the motherboard, if you think the mb is bad then I would just save up for a good recent gen cpu+mb and ddr4 ram since ddr3 don’t be compatible. 

Should my PC be able to do better in games then? What kind of tests?

3 minutes ago, kan339 said:

Should my PC be able to do better in games then? What kind of tests?

Like an on screen performance monitor software that lets you see cpu and gpu usages. It’ll allow you to see what is causing the fps drops in certain situations. 

I would try msi afterbuner’s rivatuner statistics server. There should be plenty of videos on how to set it up 

5 minutes ago, Wolther said:

Like an on screen performance monitor software that lets you see cpu and gpu usages. It’ll allow you to see what is causing the fps drops in certain situations. 

I would try msi afterbuner’s rivatuner statistics server. There should be plenty of videos on how to set it up 

Oh yes I have that! My CPU usage is usually lower than my GPU by just about 30-40

24 minutes ago, kan339 said:

Oh yes I have that! My CPU usage is usually lower than my GPU by just about 30-40

So its prolly a gpu bottleneck rather than cpu 

1 hour ago, kan339 said:

Around £300 (I know that won't get good enough stuff but)

If the new components you're considering aren't meant to be any final solution you should consider buying used. I've had a lot of good experience myself and have found some good deals. I'd encourage you to start exploring eBay to get a feel for what used parts are being sold for and look for a combo with CPU/Mobo/RAM. You might find yourself pleasantly surprised. 

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case