is the iphone 7 still decent?

Ashleyyyy
Go to solution Solved by Slottr,
12 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

really? here a new 32gb is about €550. and this used one is in good condition. 

On that note, maybe so then. Go for it

i found a really good deal on a used iphone 7, €475 for a 128gb model. 

how fast is that today? 

She/Her

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Personally I wouldnt spend that much on a 7

She/Her

3 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

Sounds like a good deal.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

12 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

On that note, maybe so then. Go for it

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

25 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

a used iphone 7, €475 for a 128gb model

For Belgian (and also in the Netherlands) that's a decent price.

About speed, the iPhone 7 was Apple's previous version. The A11 bionic of the iPhone 8 isn't much faster than its predecessor. So in the end, there won't be such a huge difference in speed between the two.

If you also keep in mind that the current iPhone 8 can be considered as a very fast smartphone for today's standards, then I would conclude that there is definitely nothing to worry about.

If you must have an idioticPhone, 550e is about right for a 7

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

1 minute ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

If you must have an idioticPhone, 550e is about right for a 7

i love people who hate apple. 

4 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

For Belgian (and also in the Netherlands) that's a decent price.

About speed, the iPhone 7 was Apple's previous version. The A11 bionic of the iPhone 8 isn't much faster than its predecessor. So in the end, there won't be such a huge difference in speed between the two.

If you also keep in mind that the current iPhone 8 can be considered as a very fast smartphone for today's standards, then I would conclude that there is definitely nothing to worry about.

yeah i'm coming from a mid range android phone, so i'll be fine then. thanks!

She/Her

2 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

yeah i'm coming from a mid range android phone, so i'll be fine then. thanks!

There is really nothing to worry about regarding speed. So you will definitely be fine.

In general, you will probably don't notice the difference between the the previous gen and the current gen.

And with 128 GB you will also be able to do some serious things compared to the low end 16 GB version.

1 minute ago, Christophe Corazza said:

There is really nothing to worry about regarding speed. So you will definitely be fine.

In general, you will probably don't notice the difference between the the previous gen and the current gen.

And with 128 GB you will also be able to do some serious things compared to the low end 16 GB version.

yeah i want to do a lot of school stuff on it. picking up where i left off on my macbook sounds very appealing. 

i don't really have use for the 128gb, i mean it's as much as my macbook has ssd space... 

She/Her

8 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

picking up where i left off on my macbook sounds very appealing.

That's indeed one of the major selling points of Apple: the seemless integration of all their devices. I can assure you that I'm also in love with this feature :D

10 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

i don't really have use for the 128gb, i mean it's as much as my macbook has ssd space... 

Those 128 GB can fill up quite quickly. Your whole itunes library, some apps, pictures... and I use the remaining free space as a "thumb drive"

6 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Those 128 GB can fill up quite quickly. Your whole itunes library, some apps, pictures... and I use the remaining free space as a "thumb drive"

i have about 4000 songs piled up in Spotify playlists so.. i don't have an itunes library though.. i only bought my macbook a few days ago. 

She/Her

7 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

i have about 4000 songs piled up in Spotify playlists so.. i don't have an itunes library though.. i only bought my macbook a few days ago. 

I meant the 128 GB of storage on your iPhone. When you sync your itunes library then your phone's GBs will fill up quickly :P

Of course, if you have piles of Spotify playlists...

2 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

I meant the 128 GB of storage on your iPhone. When you sync your itunes library then your phone's GBs will fill up quickly :P

Of course, if you have piles of Spotify playlists...

yeah i know what you meant :P

i really like the idea of being able to store my entire spotify library to it.. just because i'm in public transport for at least 90 minutes a day, and with crap internet. so yeah.. 

She/Her

10 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

yeah i know what you meant :P

i really like the idea of being able to store my entire spotify library to it.. just because i'm in public transport for at least 90 minutes a day, and with crap internet. so yeah.. 

90 minutes?!?!?! Back and forth?!?!?! o.O:/ Are you going to school in one of the neighbouring countries? xD:P

Then the 128 GB won't be wasted. Your entire Spotify playlist, some games...

3 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

90 minutes?!?!?! Back and forth?!?!?! o.O:/ Are you going to school in one of the neighbouring countries? xD:P

Then the 128 GB won't be wasted. Your entire Spotify playlist, some games...

nah about an hour back and an hour forth forth, so 120 mins total. but some time is spent walking and i wanna be aware of my surroundings. so total phone time is about 90 minutes. 

She/Her

2 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

nah about an hour back and an hour forth forth, so 120 mins total. but some time is spent walking and i wanna be aware of my surroundings. so total phone time is about 90 minutes. 

Perfectly duable with an iPhone 7 :)

Most will probably "feel" zero difference when using, compared to the latest iPhone 8 when it comes to performance.

And don't forget, performance will increase with iOS 12 (Apps will start faster, snappier, etc)