windows 10 in two drive

Nicool
Go to solution Solved by homeap5,

Is not that dumb. If you'll reinstall or install windows into another drive some day, then you want probably have all your programs ready to run. For great number of programs it will work - many programs don't really need installation. For some - it will be impossible without copying registry key to new system (and for few - it will be too difficult to find all that keys they created). But main problem is that data folder is located on your C drive anyway - so all configuration of your programs will be stored on C.

Solution may be to find portable versions of program that you want to use on second drive.

Can i install windows 10 on my ssd but have two program files (one in ssd for things I always need and one on my HDD for others app) without having to reinstall them all if possible

You can install the OS on your SSD and can install all other programs and files you have and use to your HDD, that's not an issue

You can install programs on any drive. In any location.

ThinkPad masterrace

Me thinkpads:

X220, R30, T24, TransNote

Oh... I just notice how dumb my question was. But thanks !

Is not that dumb. If you'll reinstall or install windows into another drive some day, then you want probably have all your programs ready to run. For great number of programs it will work - many programs don't really need installation. For some - it will be impossible without copying registry key to new system (and for few - it will be too difficult to find all that keys they created). But main problem is that data folder is located on your C drive anyway - so all configuration of your programs will be stored on C.

Solution may be to find portable versions of program that you want to use on second drive.