CPU Fan/Chassis fans RPM during stress test.

I recently overclocked my i5 7600k,

During a stress test, naturally I'd expect fan speeds to increase, though only the chassis fans did, I took a screenshot of before the stress test (idle) and one during.

Does everything look normal? Or does the CPU usually stay the same speed.

Before Test

not.JPG.21152570d46f1970974b106a03a13c07.JPG

During CPU stress test

5b33916849a46_duringstresstest.JPG.862a124035faed41e0060b270bcc84bd.JPG

2 minutes ago, kgozi said:

I recent-

Which CPU cooler, which fan on the CPU cooler, which motherboard, and which headers are the CPU fan plugged into?

Also, if you know, what temperatures on your CPU before/during the stress test and what if any, BIOS settings have you tweaked, and are you using speedfan?

You could go into your BIOS fan control and adjust the fan curve for the CPU or Case fans; however, If your fans are already spinning at max RPM, it wouldn't increase at all.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

14 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Which CPU cooler, which fan on the CPU cooler, which motherboard, and which headers are the CPU fan plugged into?

Also, if you know, what temperatures on your CPU before/during the stress test and what if any, BIOS settings have you tweaked, and are you using speedfan?

CPU fan is connected accordingly to the CPU_FAN on board.

Its a H100V2 cooler. Z270-P motherboard. The CPU temp was somewhere between 65-78 during the stress test, before the test it idle at 38-42c.

29 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

You could go into your BIOS fan control and adjust the fan curve for the CPU or Case fans; however, If your fans are already spinning at max RPM, it wouldn't increase at all.

Just went into BIOS, the graph states the CPU cooler will run at 100% after exceeding somewhere between 60c. So i guess those RPM's are actually the CPU coolers max RPM (good thing).

1 minute ago, kgozi said:

Just went into BIOS, the graph states the CPU cooler will run at 100% after exceeding somewhere between 60c. So i guess those RPM's are actually the CPU coolers max RPM (good thing).

yes. the h100iv2 reports back the pump rpm, not the fan rpm. the Pumpoperates best when receiving a constant 12 V across all temperatures. provided you have fans plugged into the headers coming off the pump block, then tou have a correctly set up H100iv2.

1 hour ago, For Science! said:

yes. the h100iv2 reports back the pump rpm, not the fan rpm. the Pumpoperates best when receiving a constant 12 V across all temperatures. provided you have fans plugged into the headers coming off the pump block, then tou have a correctly set up H100iv2.

Great info, thank you!