How to create this in Sony Vegas Pro?

DiamondFX

Hello guys and wish you all the best in 2014. 

I am trying to create a series of videos in Sony Vegas Pro 12 about my school's events and I want to be able to display a text or the name of the speaker when I am interviewing someone. I want to be able to bring the text like a side-scroll (if that's its name) as we see them in headlines. The best example I can give for this is taken from Linus' current video about a computer build. The image is below.

How can I create a similar (animated) headlineish text in Sony Vegas Pro? Or is it not possible?

vy0bl.png

CPU: Ryzen 7-3700x 4.4GHz, MB: ASUS PRIME B450M-AGPU: SAPPHIRE RX 590, RAM: 16GB Corsair 3200MHz, SSD: 480GB Kingston HDD: 2TB WD Green, CHASSIS: CoolerMaster HAF 912, PSU: CoolerMaster Thunder 700W, COOLERHyper 212 Black Edition

Probably more like OS and software than Programming, but anyway. I would imagine it's an image that's been imported into vegas (most likely created in a vector graphics editor like inkscape or adobe illustrator). To animate, you can apply effects to it in vegas AFAIK.

HTTP/2 203

This is definitely a bit out of scope being posted in the "programming" forum, but I can still answer your question. 

Something like what you seem to be describing from the Linus video is created in a separate program like Adobe After Effects or Illustrator.  It is then rendered and imported into Sony Vegas, nothing being done but simply putting it on the timeline. 

Very easy to achieve in After Effects, but I don't have any experience with Sony Vegas.  In After Effects you create text and you make a position outside of the video and key frame it, then you move forward in your time line move your text into the frame of the video and key frame that position.  If you have no idea what I am talking about I suggest just searching for some tutorials on Youtube, or perhaps your schools has a Video Production class that you can ask for help.

you can create a GIF and have that on top of your main video.. just save the last frame of the GIF as a PNG and have it come on right after the GIF is over

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald