What CPU should I buy for my New build

Hello guys

I'm planing in building new pc for working and gaming ( I play strategy games -total war series- planing on playing warhammer 2 on it) for work it's almost computing nothing i can't do on my labtop but still speed is good, my CPU budget is around 240 usd 

I was thinking on ryzen 7 1700, ryzen 5 2600x or i5-8600k, i can squeeze myself a little and get ryzen 7 1800x with 239 usd and a 20$ fan, 

Other option is to buy the i7-8700 but then i will ruin my budget.

So my question is what do u think its better for me i will pair it with gtx 1080

Also is it better to buy ryzen 1800x and a cooler master water cooling ML240L rgp or a i7-8700 with normal fan ?

All of the CPUs you listed are good pairs with a GTX 1080.

Personally, I would get either the Ryzen 1800x or 2600/2600x.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

7 minutes ago, KeoMs said:

Hello guys

I'm planing in building new pc for working and gaming ( I play strategy games -total war series- planing on playing warhammer 2 on it) for work it's almost computing nothing i can't do on my labtop but still speed is good, my CPU budget is around 240 usd 

I was thinking on ryzen 7 1700, ryzen 5 2600x or i5-8600k, i can squeeze myself a little and get ryzen 7 1800x with 239 usd and a 20$ fan, 

Other option is to buy the i7-8700 but then i will ruin my budget.

So my question is what do u think its better for me i will pair it with gtx 1080

Also is it better to buy ryzen 1800x and a cooler master water cooling ML240L rgp or a i7-8700 with normal fan ?

If you are purely going for gaming, everyone says Intel is better due to it's better single core performance. I'm in a similar case to you, as I'm getting a 1070-1080. Keep an eye on the 1700/1700x, as the prices were just at 200/210 which is a steal from its starting price of around 300$. Like Crunchy said, I would go with the 1800x or 2600/2600x. Also, is your "CPU budget" purely for the processor or cooling for it too? If you are planning to overclock, never use a stock cooler. I'm gonna use the Cooler Master ML120L RGB, a lower-end RGB AIO Watercooler. You may want to do something similar, or go with a decent air cooler.

1 hour ago, Crimvos said:

If you are purely going for gaming, everyone says Intel is better due to it's better single core performance. I'm in a similar case to you, as I'm getting a 1070-1080. Keep an eye on the 1700/1700x, as the prices were just at 200/210 which is a steal from its starting price of around 300$. Like Crunchy said, I would go with the 1800x or 2600/2600x. Also, is your "CPU budget" purely for the processor or cooling for it too? If you are planning to overclock, never use a stock cooler. I'm gonna use the Cooler Master ML120L RGB, a lower-end RGB AIO Watercooler. You may want to do something similar, or go with a decent air cooler.

Well my budget is exactly 400 usd for cpu and motherboard it can go up a little, for sure i wish if i can spare some to get better ssd ect. 

I found the ryzeb 1700 with 160 usd only but i wasn't fast enough to buy it xD.