Dual OS PC - Steam does not auto login.

I asked about this late last year, but it hasn't gone away, so I'm re-posting about this issue.

----------

I have a PC with two installs of Windows 10 Pro on two separate SSDs. When I first built this PC, I was able to install and login to Steam on each one, and I'd always be signed in when I started either one.

Recently, if I sign in to Steam on OS-1, when I next log in to OS-2, Steam will make me sign in again. The check box is checked to keep me signed in, but it no longer works. If I simply reboot back into OS-1, Steam remembers my login status.  But forgets it when I switch to OS-2

Each OS is totally independant of the other, and Steam shares no files between them.

Seeing as both OS-es are on the same PC, I'm NOT looking for some way to be logged in on both at the same time. That's impossible! I just want Steam to keep asking me to sign in when I switch from one OS to the other.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

I think its some kind of security measure. My laptop does that too. While I use it really rarely, any time I open Steam, it will ask pw again. Does this happen to you everytime regardless of time between logins/uses? Like if you immediedly boot to another, it has logged out?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I think its some kind of security measure. My laptop does that too. While I use it really rarely, any time I open Steam, it will ask pw again. Does this happen to you everytime regardless of time between logins/uses? Like if you immediedly boot to another, it has logged out?

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I'll try to explain the best I can. 

My two installs of windows are for one primarily for work and one for gaming.  (I know it might be odd to want to install Steam on an OS designed for work, but I have reasons.)

Now, say that tonight, I go home, boot into my gaming OS, and play some Quake.  I power it off when I'm done and go to sleep.

When I come back to my computer, if I boot back into the gaming OS, Steam remembers that I'm logged in and doesn't ask me for anything.

If I boot my work OS, it wants my password.  If I enter my password into the work OS, it remembers my password until I switch back to the gaming OS.  Even if I reboot the work OS.

So basically, it'd be totally fine if I were only using one OS, but that doesn't work for me.  The part that bugs me is, it USED to work exactly like I needed it to.  

Now it doesn't.  Really annoying.

Hope that explained it better!

20 minutes ago, Hybrid Divide said:

So basically, it'd be totally fine if I were only using one OS, but that doesn't work for me.  The part that bugs me is, it USED to work exactly like I needed it to.  

Now it doesn't.  Really annoying.

I think its some sort of security measure. Most might not notice it as most only use Steam with one PC/OS.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv