NEED HELP!! PSU connecting to GPU

Hello,

I have a question about my PSU. I bought a computer about 3 years ago and it has a non-modular PSU. There is no graphics card in my PC, so I want to buy one. The problem is that my PSU only has 1 cable left, but I don't know if this works on a graphics card. In the pictures you can see which port/cable it is. I don't know the name, I'm sorry, I hope you do.

This is the graphics card I was going to buy: https://www.newfrog.com/product/gtx-750ti-2gb-128bit-gddr5-graphics-card-for-nvidia-geforce-203246?currency=EUR&gclid=CjwKCAjw9qfZBRA5EiwAiq0AbecCBi3_8Mhe8yc1ut3QcKwjxNn5NR77dP6GhC1_2mYvq2HtyJmf4hoCphQQAvD_BwE

It comes with a 6pin power connector with 2 other connectors on the backside. 

My question: Does the cable in the pictures fit on the cable that comes with the GPU? If not, are there any cables that I can buy that will connect these 2 cables together?

Thanks for helping!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

No, that cable will not work with a graphics card and there is no cable that will work to connect that cable (SATA Power) to the graphics card power. For a new graphics card, it looks like you will need to purchase a new powersupply as well. Usually (in my experience at least) Power Supplies that are missing the cable for a video card are usually not powerful enough to run them anyway.

Sorry man!

The cables you took a photo of is SATA power, which powers your hard drives or adapters. The card should come with included molex to PCI-E adapters so you should be good.

hi.

in the last picture you got a molex to pcie adapter , converter that's the only thing that might work if your psu wattage permits . 

3 minutes ago, Trevor87 said:

What psu do you ? 

This is all I can find on it. I also can't open the PSU unless I cut it in half or something.

6.jpg

it looks quite doubtful if you , can connect your current psu to your gpu and power up anything at all , you got the molex connector there you gotta find a better psu now . 

Ha okay, thanks everyone. I was planning on building my own 2000eu pc anyways. I just don't have the money yet, that's why I wanted to buy a 35eu GPU. I guess I'll just have to wait a few weeks untill I have enough money haha.

There is definitely no way you will run a nice graphics card with a power supply that can only give 220 watts. I'd get something like a 450 Watt PSU, and that should be good for any mid-range GPU you get.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Last question what mob do you have  in there it might be worth getting new power supply or if it is pre built system what the model and make  

5 hours ago, WouterHeinen said:

This is all I can find on it. I also can't open the PSU unless I cut it in half or something.

In this case it makes sense to replace it, if ATX compatible.

That's only a 220W PSU...

What PC is it??

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

That's a SATA cable. No GPU has SATA power in. You need to get a new PSU. 

A CX450 looks like a great option for you

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Q7L7YJ/corsair-cx-2017-450w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-cp-9020120-na

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

You need a new PSU.