Pentium with any lga 775 motherboard?

Im confused, Can my pentium 4 HT 630 work in any lga 775 motherboard or does it only work with a specific pentium chipset.

Thanks in advance.

I have yet to meet an LGA 775 board that was fundamentally incompatible with a Pentium 4, but they may well be out there.

Where I have run into issues is TDP. Some crappier OEM boards in particular are only designed to handle chips of up to 65W, and the P4 630 runs at 84W under load.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

12 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

I have yet to meet an LGA 775 board that was fundamentally incompatible with a Pentium 4, but they may well be out there.

Where I have run into issues is TDP. Some crappier OEM boards in particular are only designed to handle chips of up to 65W, and the P4 630 runs at 84W under load.

Thanks for the reply, btw how many Pentium computers have you had?

7 minutes ago, Diatrice03 said:

Thanks for the reply, btw how many Pentium computers have you had?

I've spent the last few years of my life making good money on the side by buying used PCs and either flipping or parting them out. At my price range, you see a lot of LGA 775 systems.

I suppose it's possible that there are later-gen LGA 775 boards out there that might have removed compatibility with early 775 chips, kind of like how some AM4 board manufacturers are dropping support for Bristol Ridge. I haven't come across them, though. The safest bet is always going to be looking up the manufacturer's site for the motherboard you want and seeing if Pentiums are listed as supported.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

21 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

I've spent the last few years of my life making good money on the side by buying used PCs and either flipping or parting them out. At my price range, you see a lot of LGA 775 systems.

I suppose it's possible that there are later-gen LGA 775 boards out there that might have removed compatibility with early 775 chips, kind of like how some AM4 board manufacturers are dropping support for Bristol Ridge. I haven't come across them, though. The safest bet is always going to be looking up the manufacturer's site for the motherboard you want and seeing if Pentiums are listed as supported.

Thanks again, you help a lot.

Thanks