Switching From Air cooling to Water, Would it make less Heat?

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
9 minutes ago, Foul said:

-SNIP-

The only way to keep the room cooler would be to promote airflow through it to remove the heat. Watercooling makes it more efficient at keeping the components cooler but will not cool down or heat up the room more since your heat output from the components is still the same. 

Hey!

Maybe a stupid question,

But I have my computer in my room, and was wondering would Water cooling my CPU change how hot it gets in my room?!

Its currently the summer, and My whole house is Cold, and A/Ced, but my room is gets extremely hot.

Water cooler like this.

https://www.amazon.ca/CORSAIR-Radiator-Advanced-Lighting-Software/dp/B019EXSSBG?th=1&psc=1&source=googleshopping&locale=en-CA&tag=googcana-20

That depends on what your current cooling setup is. A premium noctua air cooler wouldn't be much different from an h100i v2 but that same loop would be much more effective than a cheap air cooler like the coolermaster 212 evo.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 1700x Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero RAM: 4 * 8GB G.Skill RGB DDR4 Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: EVGA 750w G3 Monitors: Dell SG2716DG +  2x Dell U2515H

Freenas specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2 Cooler: Some noctua cooler Motherboard: Supermicro X9 SRL-F RAM: 8 * 8GB Samsung DDR3 ECC Storage: 6 * 4TB Seagate 7200 RPM RAIDZ2 Controller: LSI H220 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PSU: EVGA 650w G3

Phone: iPhone 6S 32 GB Space Grey

sadly no. your system will still produce the same amoun of heat. you will have a better performaning cooler tough, so you will have a cooler chip, but that comes at the expense of more surface area so basically the same energy gets transfered into the air in your room.

6 minutes ago, Foul said:

Its currently the summer, and My whole house is Cold, and A/Ced, but my room is gets extremely hot.

The heat that your CPU produces needs to be evacuated. By tinkering with your cooler, you can improve upon the efficiency of that heat dissipation. However, the amount of heat that your CPU produces can't be changed by switching to a water cooling loop.

9 minutes ago, Foul said:

-SNIP-

The only way to keep the room cooler would be to promote airflow through it to remove the heat. Watercooling makes it more efficient at keeping the components cooler but will not cool down or heat up the room more since your heat output from the components is still the same. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Thanks, That really helped! 

3 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Unfortunately, the laws of thermodynamics can't be changes any time soon, so... no. Switching from air to water cooling won't produce less heat.

In practices what I'm about to say doesn't work. Tho I wonder how it is in physics level.

Shouldn't it be that the lower the temperature the lower is resistance for transistor switching, which leads to same results with less produced heat? 

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

15 hours ago, JuztBe said:

In practices what I'm about to say doesn't work. Tho I wonder how it is in physics level.

Shouldn't it be that the lower the temperature the lower is resistance for transistor switching, which leads to same results with less produced heat? 

Higher temperature indeed increases leakage currents and resistance of conductors slowing opening/closing of transistors increasing power consumption.

But unless talking about really big temperature differences that effect is small.

While water pump and more fans in big radiator themselves consume extra power, which ends up as heat.