1080 fps drops at low graphic Games

Hi Community,

Yesterday I bought a brand new Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming graphics card. So I went home and installed it into my case.

Then I downloaded the XTREME Gaming Engine from their website. After that I tested it with the benchmark test from userbenchmark.com.

Everything looked great, so I started CS:GO and watched my NetGraph. The FPS went from 60 to 40 to 120 for like five minutes.

I thought that was allright for the Overlay so i went into a deathmatch game and the frames dropped again. This time i was always at 40 to 60 frames.

So I deinstalled every Program from NVIDIA at my System. I changed the Driversettings of the graphics card to Microsoft Default and took it after a Shutown of my Mainboard.

A few minutes later I installed it, started my Computer and reinstalled the whole drivers package with experience again. After that I adjusted the colours and the experience Settings.

Then I started Steam and tried it again. Same procedure as the last try. Everything went the same way again.

So I serched the internet and uninstalled the XTREME Engine. After that I found a Thread about the MSI Afterburner and installed that.

Nothing changed.

SO now I need your help I dont freakin know what to do.

For your information:

My System:

PSU: EVGA 650BQ

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.20GHz

RAM: 14GB DDR3 Ballistix Sport

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1080 G1 8GB

BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. P1.50

HDD: 1x 1TB, 2x 500GB, 1x 250GB

SSD: Samsung 850 500GB

Optical Drive: N/A

MB: AsRock Z97 Pro4

My Hardware:

Mouse: Logitech G502

Keyboard: Logitech G910

Microphone: RODE NT-USB

Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-50X RED

Display1: Viewsonic VX2457-MHD DP

Display2: BenQ GL2450 DVI

Switch: NetGear GS608

CS:GO is much more CPU intensive than it is GPU, make sure you have as little running the background as possible, and where possible, move background tasks to specific cores, so you can leave at least two CPU cores free to run nothing but the game.

Just now, Ausfernando said:

No it’s not, my old laptop had a 6th gen I7 and couldn’t run it

It is cpu heavy and thats cause you're also running it using igpu 

did you use DDU? also that i5 is not a good match with the 1080

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

Your CPU can't keep up with the draw calls from the 1080.  What card did you have before?

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

2 minutes ago, samuel74258 said:

Bottleneck There

Not totally wasted his money though,  That G1 will look lovely on a shelf while he uses his old card and saves up for a new CPU, Mobo and RAM

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

1 minute ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Not totally wasted his money though,  That G1 will look lovely on a shelf while he uses his old card and saves up for a new CPU, Mobo and RAM

Or find a used 4770k/4790k for quarter of the price of buying a new platform

It's a bastard for OP either way.  It's gut wrenching when it happens

1 hour ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Your CPU can't keep up with the draw calls from the 1080.  What card did you have before?

I had a 960

Can I somehow bypass the Problem without getting a  new processor, like turning the Power of my graphics card down?

I decided to buy a new Mobo, RAM and Processor.

I want to switch to AMD.

I chose a AMD Ryzen 5 2600x AM4

Now I need a Mobo with the chipset X370 and a AM4 Socket.

Can you help me find a cheap version?

7 minutes ago, Kamelius said:

I want to switch to AMD.

Just remember that if you want to utilize the AMD processor you need to a decent amount of ram preferably 16 and also it needs to be fast so that you utilize the processor to it's full potential 

9 minutes ago, Kamelius said:

I want to switch to AMD.

Also when buying a new board just check that it fits into the tower that you have 

On 6/18/2018 at 9:48 AM, Kamelius said:

I want to switch to AMD.

Try and get an x470 if you can, the x370s sometimes need a bios flash with a first gen ryzen in them before they'll recognise the second gen ryzen chips.  Don't worry about what others are saying about copious amounts of very fast RAM.  According to Jayztwocents testing so far that hasn't been as much of a problem.  Just check the motherboard RAM support list includes the RAM you are going to buy.  Any of the top brands (asus, msi, gigabyte)  x470 boards will do you well.  Just look to see how many 'features' you need (i.e.  2xM.2, how many USBs and/or USB type 'C', whether you want to overclock (suggest checking VRM phases for that)  

Yeah op my G1 does the same shit its just not a very good 1080, tried everything.

At the end of the day you need a good CPU that can keep up and my 1600x and 2700x where more then capable, you on the other hand need to drop in a i7 4770k as a upgrade and run that bugger at 5ghz.

You could RMA the card but they'll just send you the same one back