Slow ram?

Hi

So i Found out that my ram sticks is running at 2133 Mhz when the box states they should be 3200 Mhz is my motherboard maybe down clocking them and how should i go about fixing it (Bought all of them in a package 4x8gb)

Your motherboard may not support it. Yea the ram can run at 3200mhz but idk about the motherboard. But like linus said in this video, 

Enable XMP.

2133 is the base speed for all DDR4 ram, you'll have to enable the XMP profile in the bios for it to run higher.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

from the "Does RAM Speed Really Matter?" video

"it can cause these kinds of issue from chip to chip or board to board or ram stick to ram stick depending on your luck, it can also cause less severe but equally annoying issues to come up at some point in the future"

yeah your board might not support 3200MHz, or maybe you didn't turn on the XMP profile?

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

Enable XMP (or XAMP on AMD platforms). On AMD systems, higher clocked memory is very useful. On the Intel side it's less important and will only yield a little more performance, depending on your use case.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

So i have a Z370-GAMING-PRO-CARBON with xmp on but still 2133 Mhz

20 minutes ago, H20Burner said:

Your motherboard may not support it. Yea the ram can run at 3200mhz but idk about the motherboard. But like linus said in this video, 

13 minutes ago, Heiks said:

So i have a Z370-GAMING-PRO-CARBON with xmp on but still 2133 Mhz

Well that board can easily support 3200mhz, are you sure you have the right XMP profile chosen? Are you actually making sure to save the profile when exiting the bios?

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

17 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Well that board can easily support 3200mhz, are you sure you have the right XMP profile chosen? Are you actually making sure to save the profile when exiting the bios?

If i have 2 sticks in my computer it runs at 3200mhz but when i put 3 or 4 in it goes back to 2133 so could there be anything wrong with my motherboard?