What is the best way to go about playing older PC games?

Xwano

I use Windows 10, I want to play some older games on steam such as the Legacy of Kain series. I seem to be having trouble getting these older games to run on windows 10, any suggestions? do I have to just use a virtual box and run windows xp?

Ive had luck running older games like "cossacks european wars" in 32-bit win 10. However a virtualized windows XP enviroment is probably better than installing 32-bit windows. 

The only way I think is to partition your drive and install Windows XP/7 on it. Or yeah a virtual machine could work too.

Might want to check out gog.com - they have lots of older games that have been re-tooled to run on modern systems.

There's a sale going on there now, and it looks like they have the specific series you mentioned, too.

I spell my name without an H!

Esse Quam Videri - Go Blue Devils

Installing an old Windows OS will be a good choice. Windows XP or older. Otherwise, try running 32bit like some people mentioned.

hi.

I thank everyone that replied to this, and @jmart604 I've bought a few things from them, but i have quite the collection of older games already on steam that i still need to play. 

So it looks like what I'm gonna do is just add another HDD i have laying around and just dual boot windows 7. If I recall Windows 7 has a Windows xp mode.